“Nice flavours”

Dim Sum King
Ranked #13 of 228 Restaurants in Daly City
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Had an array assorted Dim Sum. All the self selections came out pretty much together and were hot. Ask for mustard to mix with the red pepper sauce. Brings out all the flavors of each item

Reviewed 8 May 2018

Eight adults came for dinner on a Monday night. We asked for a quiet table so we could talk but were placed next to children playing very loudly. Thankfully they left after packing up their leftovers. All guests were seated in central area outside kitchen.

The waiter that served us could barely speak English. So I ended up translating for my host in Cantonese.
Since this is a seafood place, we tried to order seafood. Our host went to check on the "Fresh fish in the tank" but they looked pathetic and listless, so we skipped that. The waiter kept pushing river prawns as special of the day, how it was $25 here but the store was selling them at $28! My host wanted wasabi prawns, which they do not cook. We compromised on salt and pepper prawns but the taste and texture were mediocre, not fresh.
We wanted to order scallops with asparagus- a fairly common dish. They only had scallops in the shell at $10 per piece so we skipped that.
The Peking duck (skin and drum sticks) was good, as was the side dish( rest of duck with tofu. The beef with mix of mushrooms was ok, too thickly covered with caramelized hoisin sauce. To miao or young pea shoots were not young or tender but they were cooked nicely with a little garlic.
The soup with real crab meat was a disappointment, it had something crunchy in it we could not quite identify. And as soon as it cooled down a little it tasted very fishy!
I was someone's guest so no complains from me there and then but I would not consider this a good seafood restaurant.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

I have been to Dim Sum King about four times during the past five years and have always been pleased. I was there this past Monday on my way to the SFO Airport. It is easy to stop here and there is special reduced pricing between 9 am and 11 and 3 PM and 5 PM. I arrived there about 11:15 AM so missed the HAPPY HOUR lower prices,but had an excellent meal nonetheless. Everything I had was excellent, especially the Siu Mai, Steamed Shrimp Dumplings, and the San Tung Dumplings. I will continue to frequent Dim Sum King when I am on my way to or from SFO

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Was surprised that they serve dim sum for dinner. That should’ve been a red flag . We ordered the Xiao Long bao (was ok) , stuffed eggplant and the cod with bitter melon . The cod was not fresh . We should’ve gone back to porridge king - same strip mall.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

This is the only Dim Sum place we found that opens at 9 am on a Monday. The food tasted good and there were a lot of selections. The Happy Hour discount was a surprise, and we enjoyed a good Dim Sum stop before our flight.