All reviewsfree parkingbart trainminute walkstayed for nightswharf
Reviewed 22 May 2016

Solo traveler.
For what it's worth: Some may be put off by the appearance of the neighborhood. Had no problems walking back from BART station at 11pm/Midnight. Ppl I passed in area were friendly.

Pros: Very cheap for Bay Area lodging. Couple blocks from BART station for access to San Fran and airport. Clean room, tv, mini fridge. Wi-fi.

Con: Room was near the front. Office has small dog whose yapping got a bit annoying once during the day but was not an issue at night.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 November 2015

There are 2 things make me dissapointed.
First, I couldn't storege my baggage before i checked in this hotel, although they said "we can storege baggage before you check in" when I asked them by phone two weeks ago. The blonde lady told me that storage space was already full, but I still found the empty space where the other staff saved our baggage before I checked in this hotel, just a few days ago! Therefore we have to bring those heavy suits case with me during sightseeing all day. It sounds so ridiculous that whether I can storege my baggage or not depends on those staff!! I can't believe that they don't clearfy those service rules.

Second, the blond lady doesn't know how to talk to customers, and what the hospitality is. When I explain what they said about the saving baggage on the phone, Suddnely she shouted "I'm not gonna argue with you OKAY!?"and never stopped talking how it's difficult to save our baggage before checking in. All she talked sounded about complaints from her work. She was like, "I can't save your baggage because I already have baggage which they asked me to save, and I'm not sure what time I can be ready for checking in you guys, because I have to wait those previous customers wait, and I have to ask housekeepers to clean the room ,and there are so much stuff for me to do!..... etc ." I really don't care how hard your work is, because this is your job ,and you have to take responsibility! Don't complain your private things to customers, and Don't shout your customers. I never understand why such a people works as a hotel stuff. Honestly, she should quit because she make cutomers stop visiting this hotel.

Don't choose this hotel because those rude hotel staff will ruin your trip in San Fransisco.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2015

My husband and I stayed at the El Camino Inn for two nights (one night too long!) in September. We didn't want to spend too much money on a hotel when visiting San Francisco, especially that SF is ridiculously expensive! We found this motel and booked as was very cheap, but you get what you pay for. Everything was very old, old uncomfortable bed, old furnitures, horrible bathroom, not very clean, we found many dark hair on the floor. We had a ground floor room and could hear everything, every single noise above us. You can get it with breakfast but it's really only coffee and some pastry that you can get from building next to the reception. There is free parking and Wi-Fi and there is only 10 minutes walk to the nearest train station called Colma. So it is not too bad if you decide to stay outside of SF. The train will take you to SF, depends where you want to get off, but it will take approx. 30 mins and one way ticket costs $3.50. I can recommend this motel only if you are looking for something cheap and for one night only.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank doris260
Reviewed 4 October 2015

The manager was very rude. She started shouted at me and said I should go out! The room was not clean enough, the same with the bathroom. There was no AC, so the room was extremely hot! Wifi very slow. Watered coffee and plastic cakes for breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Michal T
Reviewed 20 September 2015

We needed a bed and a bit of pre-flight packing space - the room was big, clean, well supplied with soaps and shampoos, etc.

Building was older, but well maintained. Room and bath were poorly organized, but clean. Shower was adequate, power points were available but sparse.

Price was very good, and proximity to airport was helpful. If all I needed was a cheap, safe place to lay my head, this would fit the bill.

Room Tip: Back from the road would be good, quieter, but further to haul the bags.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple