All reviews free parking bart train minute walk stayed for nights wharf
Reviewed 11 November 2012

This place reminds me of a few places I stayed in as a kid traveling with my family--and even they they were either outdated or nostalgic depending on your point of view. Most of these types of places are run-down and/or have sketchy customers, but not here. The other guests seemed respectable and the while the architecture is dated, my room did have nice newer furnishings. It is small with some amenities, but a good $ value. Check-in/out went well. Even though the motel is on a busy street, my room was not noisy. Room was clean and undamaged. Breakfast was sparse, but could have been worse.

Room Tip: Mission St. is an efficient drive to the freeway into SF, but be careful not to get on the wrong street or you will be driving on some tangential road for a long time. To go to SF, head north from the motel and get on San Jose Ave. Don't stay on Mission for very long and don't go on John Daly Blvd.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I've been staying to this place annually and their place and service gets better every year. Location is very close to Colma Bart, Walgreens, fast foods and theres a coffee shop opposite to the hotel which is open 24hrs.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stopped and stayed one night while on a road trip through California. Price was right and we were pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness of the room. Felt safe and was in a prime location near the Golden Gate Bridge and shopping. Staff were friendly and helpful. Stayed in a second floor room...no elevator that I saw...stairs are a bit steep for folks with trouble negotiating them. Check in and check out was a breeze. Would recommend this hotel as a budget option.

Room Tip: Stairs are steep to second floor rooms...but worth the sense of security from staying on a ground level room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I booked a room at El Camino on 8-25 through Expedia.com for that same evening and when I arrived that evening a young red headed counterman told my wife and I that there was no reservation and that they do not usually check "3rd party reservations" every day. This is 2012 and you would think you could count on an internet reservation to be there. They are now trying to bill me for the room.....

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Stayed for 2 nights and it was great. We had a car so it was very easy to get to and not too far from the city. The room was spacious, modern and very clean and although the breakfast was basic we enjoyed it. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple