All reviews free parking bart train minute walk stayed for nights wharf
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Clean, comfortable room, very good value for the price we paid, stayed for four nights. This appears to be an old motor inn that has been recently renovated in the past decade. However, there were a couple of drawbacks. One was that the plumbing in our room was awful, whenever we were having a shower and the person in the adjacent room turned their tap on, the entire room would shake loudly and vibrate. The other was the Wifi which was slow and had ongoing dropouts. In saying that though, if visiting San Francisco for several days by car, staying here will save you a bit of money. A lot of motels closer to town appear to be overpriced.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We booked a room here after all the great reviews on this site, and were sadly disappointed with what we found. The rooms are very small and outdated, the bathroom was clean but so small the door hit the toilet. It is not close to anything other than the Colma BART station (which is very convenient) and is right on a busy, loud street. We probably knew better than to expect more at this price, but the other reviews were so positive we had a little higher expectation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from El Camino Real
Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank LieselSD
Reviewed 2 September 2011

All good things must come to an end and I hope this is not the ending for this place. I just called to book a room and was told that George and Lisa are no longer managing the place. I was then given a room rate that was $25.00 a night higher then when I stayed last month and worse---- higher then the internet rate! I guess no more deals for us loyal stayers...

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank LaBotte
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I recently stayed at the El Camino Inn for a friend's wedding in Half Moon Bay. When I checked in with my friend, the management was SO helpful. They told us about local transportation, things to do, even looking things up for us as we didn't have a computer with us. There's a little continental breakfast that is better than other places I've seen with different options, fresh coffee and juice. The room was small, but enough for us. It was clean, and though small, it was sufficient for what we needed. A comfortable bed, shower, tv, microwave, and fridge. Nearby there's a wendys, across the street is a Mexican restaurant/bar that has karaoke, and the BART is just a 5 min walk away. I never felt unsafe in the area. On our last night there, an issue came up and the management was more understanding than I could have asked for. I can't stress that enough. Quaint motel, amazing management, breakfast, safe location- I'd definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Chris41378
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I stayed here with my girlfriend for a night and it was great. Well maintained and clean and friendly staff. Highly recommend if you just going to use it for sleeping and be out and about during the day. =)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo