“New to the area”

Fung Wong Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 223 Restaurants in Daly City
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We just moved to the area and were looking for a good chinese restaurant and this was recommended. The hot and sour soup was excellent the food was good. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The portion size was great for the price. I would eat there again.

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

Besides the fact that no one from the staff is giving u any smile or showing any emotions , this place has good dish . I ordered the YiFu Won Ton Soup and It wasn't that bad .

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

I had, as always, a very cozy and tasty dinner with my aunts and cousin on 2/5/17. The food there has always been very yummy and served piping hot all the time. This includes the lunch dim sum or sautéed noodles or rice dishes. Their dinner is served Cantonese style and have a variety of selections to choose from. I can always depend on this restaurant and frequent them many times in the past. They may require a tiny bit of wait for lunch dim sum on the weekends but never have problems for dinners 7 days a week and dim sum during the weekdays. The decor is very casual and presentable....everyday family dining is the norm and their price range is affordable medium to low cost! If it wasn't for my wanting to try out other restaurants, I'd return to this restaurant every chance I get!

Reviewed 8 August 2016

One of my regular stops at Daly City. Solid Chinese food and good fresh seafood selection. The place can get packed for dim sum during the day so patience is needed sometimes. Nice selection of fresh seafood of the day at a reasonable price especially for large groups.

Reviewed 14 October 2015

We've been coming here for our large annual family dinners for over 15 years now and generally reserve at least one table of 10 a few days ahead of time. It's never been a problem ordering 7-10 dishes ala carte and the service is super fast if you get there before the usual dinner rush. Menu is pretty extensive with hundreds of items available for lunch and dinner. The waitstaff are always pleasant, hard working and always try to keep our table cleared of empty dishes. Food is hot, tasty and you're already there, so don't skimp on ordering because you can always take leftovers home for the next day. Our favorites include sauted garlic pea vines or spinach, salt and pepper spareribs and/or prawns, spicy chicken wings, clay hot pot, sauted or steamed fresh fish fillets and you can special order the sticky rice stuffed chicken ahead of time which is really good. I'd recommend eating in even though I see you can order ala "mobile app" but why...food's meant to be eaten hot and fresh on the spot.