“Great Hotel, nothing flash, does what it says on the tin”
Review of Cupertino Inn

Cupertino Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Cupertino
LONDON
“Great Hotel, nothing flash, does what it says on the tin”
Reviewed 26 January 2011

The Cupertino Inn can have an unfair reputation locally when infact its a great hotel.

Sure there isn't a restaurant or bar but for overall value it does a great job. The rooms are spacious meaning the separate lounge and large bathroom gives it a feel of a appartment rather than hotel. The service is great with the staff always willing to help. The hotel is definitely a business hotel and the shuttle to various HQs is a nice touch.

Happy hour at the bar and free snacks are always welcome

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank JudithChalmers09
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 May 2010

I've noted that this hotel is rated 4th out of the four hotels in Cupertino. That rating must be based on something other than the comfort and amenities. Perhaps location.
I loved this hotel so much that my first thought was, I want to live here. And I still feel that way.
The hotel was most obviously built in the 80's and the exterior design, sadly, still shows it. But the rooms themselves have been upgraded, and were absolutley wonderful.
I had a suite-which included a small living room with wet bar, desk and tv, a large bedroom with two queen size beds a seating area and another tv, and a very luxurious bathroom with more towels than I've ever seen outside a Bed Bath and Beyond.
All was very comfortable and homey. More so than my own home. I didn't want to leave. I wanted to spend all my time in the room, which was actually ok, since there's not much walkable in the area.
That would be the only downfall of the hotel. I didn't have a car, and the food choices in the area were lacking. That being said, I must note that a generous breakfast was included in the price, as well as a complimentary happy hour with hors d'oeuvres that were ample enough to replace dinner. Although they were not the healthiest of food items.
I was in Cupertino for an interview. The hotel provides free shuttle service from Cal Train, the San Jose airport and probably anywhere you want to go. I used them for both of my sets of interviews. It impressed my interview team that I pulled up in a stretch limo.
The staff is friendly and helpful, but the standout feature of this hotel is the amenities. There were high quality toiletries as well as good, non generic, brands of coffees and teas. The items in the mini bar were actually very reasonable. But in addition to that, the public restroom was chock full of items a person might need if they just came in for an interview and needed to freshen up. Toothbrushes, for example. This hotel obviously caters to to future employees and clients of the major corporations in the area. And they do a great job.
The hotel features a heated pool and hot tub, and access to a local gym. There is a friendly gathering area for the breakfast and happy hour with tv and games. There is free wifi thoughout the building, however, be warned, there are so many techies staying there that the access is rather poor. I'd wager that everyone in that hotel was sucking up the wifi every waking hour, judging from the number of computers at breakfast and happy hour alone. I couldn't get access during peak times. The only other issue was that the pillows were a bit too plump, but no doubt, they would have rectified that if I had brought it up.
Within walking distance is a grocery store, a Quiznos, a Rite Aid, an Outback Steak house, although that was farther than I was willing to walk. But the most happy find for me was the Michaels Craft Store. We don't have those in Manhattan, so I spent most of my free time and money there.
Bottom line, I'd stay there again. Heck, I'd live there.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
New York
Reviewed 14 April 2010

This is a great hotel! The rooms are huge, modern, and clean. I stayed here a few years ago before it was renovated, and thought it was ok. They have completely renovated the place and the rooms look beautiful, and the prices have not really changed...a great value! In addition, I was in town for a wedding and the manager and the entire staff really went above and beyond helping us plan things and I really appreciated it. If you are planning an event and are looking for a hotel, I highly recommend this one!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
dallas, tx
Reviewed 9 April 2010

Very good service. Ok breakfast. Free drinks and orderves.
Clean rooms. Excelent staff.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 August 2009

I have stayed at the Cupertino Inn numerous times for business. The staff has always been nice and the rooms have always been clean. This is not a fancy hotel but not bad for business or family stays. They have free wifi (connection is not always great), free breakfast buffet (not bad) and free drinks in the evening (always nice).

Overall this is a good place to stay in the Cupertino area. They have also recently renovated their rooms, it is a huge improvement. Check out the photos I attached.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cupertino
1.5 km away
3.3 km away
The Domain Hotel
The Domain Hotel
#4 of 33 in Sunnyvale

Been to Cupertino Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK