Cupertino Hotel
Maple Tree Inn(Sunnyvale)
St. Francis Arms(Sunnyvale)
  • Pool
1,108 results
All reviewssilicon valleyfree happy hourcocktail hourbreakfast was amazinggreat hotelbusiness tripnice place to stayconvenient locationgreat roomroom servicecomplimentary breakfastcomfortable bedsan josewould stay againenjoyed my stayfresh fruiteasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 May 2010

I've noted that this hotel is rated 4th out of the four hotels in Cupertino. That rating must be based on something other than the comfort and amenities. Perhaps location.
I loved this hotel so much that my first thought was, I want to live here. And I still feel that way.
The hotel was most obviously built in the 80's and the exterior design, sadly, still shows it. But the rooms themselves have been upgraded, and were absolutley wonderful.
I had a suite-which included a small living room with wet bar, desk and tv, a large bedroom with two queen size beds a seating area and another tv, and a very luxurious bathroom with more towels than I've ever seen outside a Bed Bath and Beyond.
All was very comfortable and homey. More so than my own home. I didn't want to leave. I wanted to spend all my time in the room, which was actually ok, since there's not much walkable in the area.
That would be the only downfall of the hotel. I didn't have a car, and the food choices in the area were lacking. That being said, I must note that a generous breakfast was included in the price, as well as a complimentary happy hour with hors d'oeuvres that were ample enough to replace dinner. Although they were not the healthiest of food items.
I was in Cupertino for an interview. The hotel provides free shuttle service from Cal Train, the San Jose airport and probably anywhere you want to go. I used them for both of my sets of interviews. It impressed my interview team that I pulled up in a stretch limo.
The staff is friendly and helpful, but the standout feature of this hotel is the amenities. There were high quality toiletries as well as good, non generic, brands of coffees and teas. The items in the mini bar were actually very reasonable. But in addition to that, the public restroom was chock full of items a person might need if they just came in for an interview and needed to freshen up. Toothbrushes, for example. This hotel obviously caters to to future employees and clients of the major corporations in the area. And they do a great job.
The hotel features a heated pool and hot tub, and access to a local gym. There is a friendly gathering area for the breakfast and happy hour with tv and games. There is free wifi thoughout the building, however, be warned, there are so many techies staying there that the access is rather poor. I'd wager that everyone in that hotel was sucking up the wifi every waking hour, judging from the number of computers at breakfast and happy hour alone. I couldn't get access during peak times. The only other issue was that the pillows were a bit too plump, but no doubt, they would have rectified that if I had brought it up.
Within walking distance is a grocery store, a Quiznos, a Rite Aid, an Outback Steak house, although that was farther than I was willing to walk. But the most happy find for me was the Michaels Craft Store. We don't have those in Manhattan, so I spent most of my free time and money there.
Bottom line, I'd stay there again. Heck, I'd live there.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2010

This is a great hotel! The rooms are huge, modern, and clean. I stayed here a few years ago before it was renovated, and thought it was ok. They have completely renovated the place and the rooms look beautiful, and the prices have not really changed...a great value! In addition, I was in town for a wedding and the manager and the entire staff really went above and beyond helping us plan things and I really appreciated it. If you are planning an event and are looking for a hotel, I highly recommend this one!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2010

Very good service. Ok breakfast. Free drinks and orderves.
Clean rooms. Excelent staff.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2009

I have stayed at the Cupertino Inn numerous times for business. The staff has always been nice and the rooms have always been clean. This is not a fancy hotel but not bad for business or family stays. They have free wifi (connection is not always great), free breakfast buffet (not bad) and free drinks in the evening (always nice).

Overall this is a good place to stay in the Cupertino area. They have also recently renovated their rooms, it is a huge improvement. Check out the photos I attached.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2009

We've stayed at the Cupertino Inn dozens of times as we had a family member who lived nearby. The rooms are fine. they are remodeling some and I think the renovated ones may be a lot nicer (and are definitely more expensive). The others are showing wear but aren't terrible. The rooms are very large. be sure to avoid those that are right next to the freeway. Breakfast is included and there's a good selection (I love the waffles!). Apples are available in the lobby. Local and national newspapers are provided at no charge. There's also a cocktail hour from, I think, 5-7 with quite a bit of food. Also, the lobby/dining area is a great place to just hang out -- very comfortable with board games provided. The wireless throughout the hotel is spotty -- very strange for a place in Silicon Valley. In general though, I like the place.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family