“Best Chinese BBQ but...”
Review of Chef Yang's BBQ

Chef Yang's BBQ
Ranked #42 of 236 Restaurants in Cupertino
Reviewed 4 August 2017

It's really the best Chinese BBQ I ever had in all countries out of China. Much more "friendly" price comparing to the ones in NYC or BOS. The appetizers were pretty good too. Other than compliments, there are 2 down sides:
1, cleanliness. I found the chicken wings and squid not fresh. I had a bad stomach the day after my visit. Well, it would be something I had elsewhere.
2, service. I don't like people showing indifference, looking around, or keeping their backs to me when I am ordering. Unfortunately, the waiter we met here was one of them. It's a quite small restaurant. I was really curious what was so interesting that distracted him all the time during the order.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

This restaurant is just right for me and all my Chinese friends if we wanna have some authentic Chinese style BBQ and get some nostalgic feelings of backing to China. All different kinds of BBQ are just so authentic and right! However, besides the BBQ, my favorite food here and always-to-order is the baby dough soup. It reminds me of my childhood. Thank you, Chef Yang.

The only thing I noticed is all my American friends don't really like the food here while I myself was so excited. So my advice is to try it if you want to experience Chinese style street BBQ food, but expect that you might not like it.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

I came to eat at this place when I visiting from Taiwan. It's comparatively expensive to BBQ in Taiwan but was okay price here. Goat meat and chicken meat was great.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

It opens til midnight so it could be a good place for hangout while for trying some Chinese style BBQ skewers. A bit pricey though. The soup is average.

Reviewed 4 December 2015

Place is really small but definitely a place I will visit often.
It opens after 4:30pm. The Selection menu is great and has a lot of different offering at a reasonable price.
I love the fact that they bring the food to your table as it is ready. since there are many selection that can be made.
I suggest you order a couple of their meat skewers to try first and order more if you find them to your liking.
some of the vegetable dishes were oily. I think if you provide the feedback to the staff they would make lesser oily versions.