Lowest prices for your stay
US$ 341
Free cancellation until 05/11/21
US$ 307
Free cancellation until 05/11/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$ 300
Hotels.comUS$ 307
FindHotelUS$ 307
PricelineUS$ 341
All reviews wizard of oz john wayne historical hotel the complimentary continental breakfast quiche yogurt historic feel grand lobby future visits sony studios valet parking lounge area hollywood city munchkins wedding armoire
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 March 2020

Some years back I was given a gift certificate for a one night stay at the Culver Hotel. I live about a mile away, so never really had an occasion to use this amazing certificate. Yesterday was our 25th wedding anniversary, so amidst this coronavirus scare, we decided to use this gift to celebrate. From the moment we arrived, we were treated like the most important guests they could have. Because the hotel is slow (people have been encouraged to stay home and "social distance"), we were upgraded at no charge to the nicest room in the hotel. When we walked in our SUITE, there was a lovely note accompanied by a bottle of champagne and 7 homemade chocolate chip cookies, We were told we could leave our car right in front of the hotel and since the front desk is manned 24/7, they would keep an eye on it for us. Our room was beautiful!!! Lovely sitting room, wonderful king size bed, 2 bathrooms, a view of the city...all wonderful. Later that night, we ordered dinner which was delivered to our room by the hotel food manager. He refused to accept a tip from us. Roasted chicken, a gourmet burger...all delicious! Continental breakfast was also delivered to our room at no charge...fresh squeezed orange juice, yogurt, berries, pastries and coffee. We didn't want to leave.
From Lupe at the front desk, the food manager who brought us dinner, the wonderful gentleman who delivered us breakfast and then more coffee, the hotel manager who surprised us with the champagne and cookies, David at the front desk who just ended the whole thing with a smile, the other manager who gave us the in depth history of the hotel, the young culver high grad who helped my husband schedule our getaway...all of you...thank you for making my 25th wedding anniversary perfect and for making the Culver City Hotel my favorite hotel ever. I will be back!!! God bless you all!!!

Date of stay: March 2020
2  Thank gwencall
Caroline Appel, Sales at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2020

We are so happy that we were able to create a special memory throughout this challenging time.

We hope you will celebrate many more anniversaries with The Culver family.

Stay safe,

Reviewed 17 March 2020

My daughter and I spent the one night at the Historic Culver Hotel. I was so impressed with how the current owners have updated the hotel while preserving the historic feel. It was comfortable and we loved the design! The rooms were very clean and comfortable.
Dinner and Drinks were delicious and the presentation was beautiful. We enjoyed the included breakfast, especially the banana bread!
Location is perfect. We parked our car and enjoyed the area, walking to other food and entertainment establishments. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the area.

Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank BLDittmore

Thank you so much for this amazing review!

Reviewed 6 March 2020 via mobile

What a gorgeous hotel! The renovations to the rooms are divine and you can tell that management and staff alike, appreciate the space and it’s rich history.

Service was Impeccable and room service was fast!

The room I stayed is was lovely and the bed was so comfy I had to ask what kind of mattress they use to which the manager happily answered (I have it ordered for my home haha)

Speaking of management, the GM Alfredo is probably the kindest and most attentive manager I’ve ever experienced at any hotel I’ve stayed at. No joke!

Will be staying Again

Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank chrisclark2020
Caroline Appel, Sales at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2020

Hi Chris,

What a great review! We LOVE what we do and we are happy that we were able to provide impeccable service and you enjoyed our comfy mattress. Alfredo is truly one of a kind, with a passion for the industry and an inspiration to us all.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2020

My Grandson's wedding reception was at the Culver Hotel on Valentines weekend, my family and I had the privilege of experiencing the beauty and history of this magnificent property, it was well located to the church and all hotel guest loved the surrounding location and convenience. We had a total of 7 rooms and each was lovely, the staff excellent, the food and service for reception fantastic, and a last minute brunch for 18 on Sunday was accommodated beautifully in the dining room.

Date of stay: February 2020
Caroline Appel, Sales at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2020

Dear LWebbC,

Congratulations on your grandson nuptials! We are honored that you had chosen to stay with us on this special occasion and that we were able to create a lasting memory.

Reviewed 24 February 2020

For all travelers, a hotel's comfort and amenities are important -- and, here, the Culver passes the test. For many travelers (I'm one) the overall ambience and personal service are equally important. It's on this measure that this property shines. Great service is doing what's not in the playbook so long as it makes sense. I became a devotee of this beautiful century-old institution for that reason. Yes, there are wonderful public spaces in the hotel -- what a cool, sexy bar! -- tasteful rooms, a very good continental breakfast and, did I mention, a really cool nighttime vibe in the dining room. But it's the superb staff that will see me here on future visits to LA.

Room tip: If you can get the Culver Suite, go for it.
Date of stay: February 2020
Caroline Appel, Sales at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2020

We are so happy that you love our historic hotel and cool vibes! We look forward to welcoming you back on your future visits.