Lowest prices for your stay
US$ 421
US$ 400
Hotels.comUS$ 421
eDreamsUS$ 421
Prestigia.comUS$ 427
All reviews wizard of oz john wayne historical hotel the complimentary continental breakfast quiche yogurt historic feel grand lobby future visits sony studios valet parking lounge area hollywood city munchkins wedding armoire
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 March 2020

My daughter and I spent the one night at the Historic Culver Hotel. I was so impressed with how the current owners have updated the hotel while preserving the historic feel. It was comfortable and we loved the design! The rooms were very clean and comfortable.
Dinner and Drinks were delicious and the presentation was beautiful. We enjoyed the included breakfast, especially the banana bread!
Location is perfect. We parked our car and enjoyed the area, walking to other food and entertainment establishments. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the area.

Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank BLDittmore
Caroline Appel, Sales at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2020

Thank you so much for this amazing review!

Reviewed 6 March 2020 via mobile

What a gorgeous hotel! The renovations to the rooms are divine and you can tell that management and staff alike, appreciate the space and it’s rich history.

Service was Impeccable and room service was fast!

The room I stayed is was lovely and the bed was so comfy I had to ask what kind of mattress they use to which the manager happily answered (I have it ordered for my home haha)

Speaking of management, the GM Alfredo is probably the kindest and most attentive manager I’ve ever experienced at any hotel I’ve stayed at. No joke!

Will be staying Again

Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank chrisclark2020
Caroline Appel, Sales at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2020

Hi Chris,

What a great review! We LOVE what we do and we are happy that we were able to provide impeccable service and you enjoyed our comfy mattress. Alfredo is truly one of a kind, with a passion for the industry and an inspiration to us all.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2020

My Grandson's wedding reception was at the Culver Hotel on Valentines weekend, my family and I had the privilege of experiencing the beauty and history of this magnificent property, it was well located to the church and all hotel guest loved the surrounding location and convenience. We had a total of 7 rooms and each was lovely, the staff excellent, the food and service for reception fantastic, and a last minute brunch for 18 on Sunday was accommodated beautifully in the dining room.

Date of stay: February 2020
Caroline Appel, Sales at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2020

Dear LWebbC,

Congratulations on your grandson nuptials! We are honored that you had chosen to stay with us on this special occasion and that we were able to create a lasting memory.

Reviewed 24 February 2020

For all travelers, a hotel's comfort and amenities are important -- and, here, the Culver passes the test. For many travelers (I'm one) the overall ambience and personal service are equally important. It's on this measure that this property shines. Great service is doing what's not in the playbook so long as it makes sense. I became a devotee of this beautiful century-old institution for that reason. Yes, there are wonderful public spaces in the hotel -- what a cool, sexy bar! -- tasteful rooms, a very good continental breakfast and, did I mention, a really cool nighttime vibe in the dining room. But it's the superb staff that will see me here on future visits to LA.

Room tip: If you can get the Culver Suite, go for it.
Date of stay: February 2020
Caroline Appel, Sales at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2020

We are so happy that you love our historic hotel and cool vibes! We look forward to welcoming you back on your future visits.

Reviewed 22 February 2020

What a disappointment. What a shoddy experience. The only thing that made it tolerable was that I was with friends. Went to see and hear the musical group, Paris Chansons. I cannot tell you if they were good or not. I purchased tickets well in advance but was never told I would need a reservation to secure a seating area. We arrived almost an hour and a half early. There was a smattering of people already there and we could have had our pick of seating areas. I also came from a long way off to hear the act. We were told that it would be no problem, that seats would be found for us, just wait upstairs in the other bar. "I'll come for you soon." Well, soon never came. I went downstairs and spoke with the same person. More about him later. I got the same runaround. I'll be coming upstairs soon to bring your group down. Now it's over an hour since our arrival. He did come up. He came up to bring more liquor to the bar and have a drink with friends or acquaintances. Now I'm starting to get angry, something I should have done from the beginning. Twenty more minutes go by and the musicians are gathering to start. I went down, watched and listened to the man whom I had trusted. A young woman, just arrived, started pleading with him, shedding crocodile tears, and getting a seat for her and her companion. Another group of people who had arrived long after my group, and had been sent to the upstairs bar, were now being seated by this guy. They spoke French, which must have impressed him. Now I go to this guy again and he dismisses me like I didn't exist. I should have decked him right there but I didn't want to add jail to an already miserable night. I go back upstairs where, by the way, you can't hear the music, order another drink and wait for the phony, who never came. We left. Didn't ask for a ticket money refund. Didn't want anything to do with the guy. Save yourself a miserable experience. Unless you are twenty or thirty and can stand in one place for hours, avoid this place. Us 70 plussers, with titanium hips and spines,and some with shrapnel in their body, would never think of going back. The guy with the white coat knows who he is and what he has done. If his lips are moving, he can't be trusted.

Room tip: My tip. Go somewhere else.
Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank mgard11
Caroline Appel, Sales at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2020

Dear Mgard11,

I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate events that you experienced at our first Paris Chanson event. We continually strive for excellence in everything we do, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.

We are deeply sorry for the lack of service you received from our staff and that you were not able to enjoy the event. I am confident that your experience is not to be the standard by which we are known for and we appreciate you bringing your disappointment to our attention. Please know we will address your experience with our team, so this does not happen ever again.

I would appreciate the opportunity to turn this bad experience around. Please reach out to me personally at assistantgeneralmanager@culverhotel.com

Alfredo Tebano