Lowest prices for your stay
US$ 341
Free cancellation until 05/11/21
US$ 307
Free cancellation until 05/11/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$ 300
Hotels.comUS$ 307
PricelineUS$ 341
FindHotelUS$ 307
All reviews wizard of oz john wayne historical hotel the complimentary continental breakfast quiche yogurt historic feel grand lobby future visits sony studios valet parking lounge area hollywood city munchkins wedding armoire
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 February 2020

My Grandson's wedding reception was at the Culver Hotel on Valentines weekend, my family and I had the privilege of experiencing the beauty and history of this magnificent property, it was well located to the church and all hotel guest loved the surrounding location and convenience. We had a total of 7 rooms and each was lovely, the staff excellent, the food and service for reception fantastic, and a last minute brunch for 18 on Sunday was accommodated beautifully in the dining room.

Date of stay: February 2020
Caroline Appel, Sales at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2020

Dear LWebbC,

Congratulations on your grandson nuptials! We are honored that you had chosen to stay with us on this special occasion and that we were able to create a lasting memory.

Reviewed 24 February 2020

For all travelers, a hotel's comfort and amenities are important -- and, here, the Culver passes the test. For many travelers (I'm one) the overall ambience and personal service are equally important. It's on this measure that this property shines. Great service is doing what's not in the playbook so long as it makes sense. I became a devotee of this beautiful century-old institution for that reason. Yes, there are wonderful public spaces in the hotel -- what a cool, sexy bar! -- tasteful rooms, a very good continental breakfast and, did I mention, a really cool nighttime vibe in the dining room. But it's the superb staff that will see me here on future visits to LA.

Room tip: If you can get the Culver Suite, go for it.
Date of stay: February 2020
Caroline Appel, Sales at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2020

We are so happy that you love our historic hotel and cool vibes! We look forward to welcoming you back on your future visits.

Reviewed 22 February 2020

What a disappointment. What a shoddy experience. The only thing that made it tolerable was that I was with friends. Went to see and hear the musical group, Paris Chansons. I cannot tell you if they were good or not. I purchased tickets well in advance but was never told I would need a reservation to secure a seating area. We arrived almost an hour and a half early. There was a smattering of people already there and we could have had our pick of seating areas. I also came from a long way off to hear the act. We were told that it would be no problem, that seats would be found for us, just wait upstairs in the other bar. "I'll come for you soon." Well, soon never came. I went downstairs and spoke with the same person. More about him later. I got the same runaround. I'll be coming upstairs soon to bring your group down. Now it's over an hour since our arrival. He did come up. He came up to bring more liquor to the bar and have a drink with friends or acquaintances. Now I'm starting to get angry, something I should have done from the beginning. Twenty more minutes go by and the musicians are gathering to start. I went down, watched and listened to the man whom I had trusted. A young woman, just arrived, started pleading with him, shedding crocodile tears, and getting a seat for her and her companion. Another group of people who had arrived long after my group, and had been sent to the upstairs bar, were now being seated by this guy. They spoke French, which must have impressed him. Now I go to this guy again and he dismisses me like I didn't exist. I should have decked him right there but I didn't want to add jail to an already miserable night. I go back upstairs where, by the way, you can't hear the music, order another drink and wait for the phony, who never came. We left. Didn't ask for a ticket money refund. Didn't want anything to do with the guy. Save yourself a miserable experience. Unless you are twenty or thirty and can stand in one place for hours, avoid this place. Us 70 plussers, with titanium hips and spines,and some with shrapnel in their body, would never think of going back. The guy with the white coat knows who he is and what he has done. If his lips are moving, he can't be trusted.

Room tip: My tip. Go somewhere else.
Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank mgard11
Caroline Appel, Sales at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2020

Dear Mgard11,

I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate events that you experienced at our first Paris Chanson event. We continually strive for excellence in everything we do, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.

We are deeply sorry for the lack of service you received from our staff and that you were not able to enjoy the event. I am confident that your experience is not to be the standard by which we are known for and we appreciate you bringing your disappointment to our attention. Please know we will address your experience with our team, so this does not happen ever again.

I would appreciate the opportunity to turn this bad experience around. Please reach out to me personally at assistantgeneralmanager@culverhotel.com

Alfredo Tebano
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 12 February 2020

When I head to LA/Culver City there is only one place we stay. Yup, The Culver Hotel. If you're into unique hotels with a friendly vibe, this is your place. David, the manager, is always so welcoming and helpful. All my needs are always met, so you can be sure I will continue being a return customer.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Caroline Appel, Sales at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2020

Yeah...we are so happy that we have gained a loyal guest!

Reviewed 9 February 2020

We stayed at The Culver Hotel while visiting our son and his family in Culver City. When traveling to L.A previously Culver City had not been on our radar, but I must admit we really enjoyed the area and all the wonderful things it offers. Lots of restaurants, a small town vibe and a welcoming pedestrian-friendly town plaza surrounding the hotel. It feels very central in a city which has always felt fragmented to me. Venice, Santa Monica and Downtown are a quick Uber ride away and the train line is also a nice novelty for L.A

The hotel itself is bursting with personality and history, our junior suite room was spacious, comfortable and clean. The furniture is eclectic ( wooden armoires, velvet sofa, book shelf filled with vintage reads) but the amenities are updated. Crisp white sheets, comfy beds and a light filled bathroom. The housekeepers are lovely but I wish our towels weren't changed every day. We hung them up but they were none the less updated. The hotel does offer a large complimentary bottle of purified water. Purified on property and in reusable, glass water bottles. Fabulous and forward thinking! Other pockets of delight were the small art gallery on the 2nd floor and the white and bright Parisian loft rooms which we were told are used for all types of events.

The bustling grand lobby with cocktails and daily live music was a wonderful experience. The menu was solid but lacks a point of view. A historic property of this calibre should evoke a sense of nostalgia in their dishes too, with a contemporary twist of course. Hopefully on our next visit this will be amended! We'll be back to see.

Date of stay: January 2020
culverhotel, Director of Sales at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2020

Dear. MrJanuary8,

Thank you for painting this beautiful picture of what we offer. We are working on creating new menus and look forward to your next visit and your feedback.

Until next time,