Lowest prices for your stay
US$ 386
US$ 386
Official Site
US$ 339
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.comUS$ 386
PricelineUS$ 386
Trip.comUS$ 392
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 February 2020

What a disappointment. What a shoddy experience. The only thing that made it tolerable was that I was with friends. Went to see and hear the musical group, Paris Chansons. I cannot tell you if they were good or not. I purchased tickets well in advance but was never told I would need a reservation to secure a seating area. We arrived almost an hour and a half early. There was a smattering of people already there and we could have had our pick of seating areas. I also came from a long way off to hear the act. We were told that it would be no problem, that seats would be found for us, just wait upstairs in the other bar. "I'll come for you soon." Well, soon never came. I went downstairs and spoke with the same person. More about him later. I got the same runaround. I'll be coming upstairs soon to bring your group down. Now it's over an hour since our arrival. He did come up. He came up to bring more liquor to the bar and have a drink with friends or acquaintances. Now I'm starting to get angry, something I should have done from the beginning. Twenty more minutes go by and the musicians are gathering to start. I went down, watched and listened to the man whom I had trusted. A young woman, just arrived, started pleading with him, shedding crocodile tears, and getting a seat for her and her companion. Another group of people who had arrived long after my group, and had been sent to the upstairs bar, were now being seated by this guy. They spoke French, which must have impressed him. Now I go to this guy again and he dismisses me like I didn't exist. I should have decked him right there but I didn't want to add jail to an already miserable night. I go back upstairs where, by the way, you can't hear the music, order another drink and wait for the phony, who never came. We left. Didn't ask for a ticket money refund. Didn't want anything to do with the guy. Save yourself a miserable experience. Unless you are twenty or thirty and can stand in one place for hours, avoid this place. Us 70 plussers, with titanium hips and spines,and some with shrapnel in their body, would never think of going back. The guy with the white coat knows who he is and what he has done. If his lips are moving, he can't be trusted.

Room tip: My tip. Go somewhere else.
1  Thank mgard11
Caroline Appel, Sales at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2020

Dear Mgard11,

I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate events that you experienced at our first Paris Chanson event. We continually strive for excellence in everything we do, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.

We are deeply sorry for the lack of service you received from our staff and that you were not able to enjoy the event. I am confident that your experience is not to be the standard by which we are known for and we appreciate you bringing your disappointment to our attention. Please know we will address your experience with our team, so this does not happen ever again.

I would appreciate the opportunity to turn this bad experience around. Please reach out to me personally at assistantgeneralmanager@culverhotel.com

Alfredo Tebano
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 12 February 2020

When I head to LA/Culver City there is only one place we stay. Yup, The Culver Hotel. If you're into unique hotels with a friendly vibe, this is your place. David, the manager, is always so welcoming and helpful. All my needs are always met, so you can be sure I will continue being a return customer.

Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Caroline Appel, Sales at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2020

Yeah...we are so happy that we have gained a loyal guest!

Reviewed 9 February 2020

We stayed at The Culver Hotel while visiting our son and his family in Culver City. When traveling to L.A previously Culver City had not been on our radar, but I must admit we really enjoyed the area and all the wonderful things it offers. Lots of restaurants, a small town vibe and a welcoming pedestrian-friendly town plaza surrounding the hotel. It feels very central in a city which has always felt fragmented to me. Venice, Santa Monica and Downtown are a quick Uber ride away and the train line is also a nice novelty for L.A

The hotel itself is bursting with personality and history, our junior suite room was spacious, comfortable and clean. The furniture is eclectic ( wooden armoires, velvet sofa, book shelf filled with vintage reads) but the amenities are updated. Crisp white sheets, comfy beds and a light filled bathroom. The housekeepers are lovely but I wish our towels weren't changed every day. We hung them up but they were none the less updated. The hotel does offer a large complimentary bottle of purified water. Purified on property and in reusable, glass water bottles. Fabulous and forward thinking! Other pockets of delight were the small art gallery on the 2nd floor and the white and bright Parisian loft rooms which we were told are used for all types of events.

The bustling grand lobby with cocktails and daily live music was a wonderful experience. The menu was solid but lacks a point of view. A historic property of this calibre should evoke a sense of nostalgia in their dishes too, with a contemporary twist of course. Hopefully on our next visit this will be amended! We'll be back to see.

Date of stay: January 2020
culverhotel, Director of Sales at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2020

Dear. MrJanuary8,

Thank you for painting this beautiful picture of what we offer. We are working on creating new menus and look forward to your next visit and your feedback.

Until next time,

Reviewed 28 January 2020

We stayed for 3 nights over a chilly January weekend, and enjoyed it very much. Our room was big, with a sofa and coffee table, king bed and desk. There were a few vintage furniture pieces that added charm, but the bed and bath were excellent. We were worried about noise since were were right above the patio area, but it was fine. The breakfast is continental, but includes excellent Greek yogurt and quiche, so you can def assemble a hearty meal. Nice fire going in lounge area! Staff was very friendly.

Great movie theatre across the plaza, and downtown Culver is full of nice shops and restaurants. Easy walk to the metro. Walking through the lovely surrounding bungalow neighborhood was very relaxing.

Room tip: One side is on the traffic side, one is over the patio/plaza. Could be noisy, but we ran the AC on low, so we didn't have a problem.
Date of stay: January 2020
culverhotel, Director of Sales at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2020

Thank you for taken the time to write a review. We are happy that you had a lovely stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a true " Culver " experience.

Reviewed 17 January 2020 via mobile

The Culver City Hotel is famous. It is located in the heart of Culver City and it's been there for over fifty years. It is said that the munchkins for The Wizard of Oz stayed there while filming and I have every reason to believe this is true.

Back then and through the 70s the rooms were very small and some even had a bathroom down the hall. During the 60s the Culver Hotel declined and turned into a transient Hotel where drugs are easy to find and the place was filthy. During the 80s they tried to fix up the place and had some success.

It is now 2020 and they have remodeled all the rooms and have a restaurant on the bottom floor along with a bar. The bar is cute and if you want to have a drink enjoy.

Other than having a drink at the bar don't bother going there. The rooms are unpleasant, they are small, and for what you get it is expensive. As of the restaurant downstairs it is simply satisfactory. There is just nothing special about the Culver Hotel except its history and I find that sad. It is a beautiful building on the outside so feel free to stop by have a drink and move on.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
101  Thank elizabethlascheid
culverhotel, Director of Sales at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We strive for excellency in every thing we do, however sometime we do fail. You are correct we are an older building almost 100 years old and have remodeled all our guest rooms in the past 2 years. All our guest rooms have a bathroom inside the room, are unique and chic.

I hope we can welcome you back to The Culver Hotel.