Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$ 154
View deal
TripadvisorUS$ 154
Priceline
CourtyardUS$ 154
Expedia.comUS$ 154
Hotels.comUS$ 154
FindHotelUS$ 154
All reviews front desk howard hughes center fox hills mall lax airport freeway parking noise city westside
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 October 2019 via mobile

My fourth stay at this Courtyard and other than the fact that it’s so conveniently located to my LA office, there is not much that I like about the hotel. For the pice, the amenities should be much nicer.

Front desk and lobby are decently comfy. Front desk staff is always very nice and polite and go above and beyond. No complaints there. I had breakfast buffet in the morning, which was decent, again the staff was very nice and went above and beyond.

My major issues are with the quality of the room. The room is pretty large and set up is convenient. Bathroom is pretty spacious, although the toilet is located in the way of everything. The mattress and bedding are pretty good. This is where the positives end. The air conditioning unit is so old, it makes the loudest noise when turned on. I tuned it off but of course it got very hot in the room as I was traveling in the middle of a heat wave. It was basically impossible to sleep with the sound. The shower head was awful. It was so old and nonfunctional that there was barely water coming out of it. I was tempted to unscrew it to clean it myself. Pressure was minimal, if I had to wash my hair, don’t think I would accomplish. Tv remote did not work, the ironing board did not stay open, the alarm clock was ahead by 17 min, coffee maker very basic. Towels very old and rough.

I think for the hotel class and price, the hotel should offer better, more updated rooms.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank IrinaB960
Alexander D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2019

Dear Ms. Rutherford,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Courtyard Los Angeles Westside with us.

Your valuable feedback helps identify areas of opportunity for us to improve the guest experience. While I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, I am curious to know what room you were staying in so that I may have my engineering department fix the problems you have just mentioned.

The hotel team is committed to delivering an exceptional experience and are always brainstorming creative ways to exceed the expectations of our valued guest, such as yourself. At your convenience, feel free to share any additional feedback on how we can elevate your experience whenever your travels bring you back to Culver City. (310) 484-7000. Thank you.

Reviewed 24 October 2019 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights.
By check in I had to inform that we had breakfast included.
Rooms great
Close to restaurants and shops.
Breakfast great, lots of choice with good service.
WiFi good.
No free water bottles.
Hotel is expensive.
Parking not free, $25
Close to the harbor

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank e10ne71
Alexander D, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2019

Dear e10ne71,

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard LA Westsidde.

We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to share your experiences with us. As you had stated in your review, we are centrally located to areas of interest that make the guest stay more convenient.

We hope to see you again soon on your next visit to Culver City.

Alex del Rosario

Reviewed 19 October 2019

My friends
I am a frequent Marriott user (Gold/Elite member, almost Platinum) - that's why I booked a premium room. But sorry my friends, this is absolutely way below Marriott standard and I do absolutely not understand other reviewers. I will NEVER book this hotel anymore and will NEVER recommend it to anybody.
It started with checkin: I booked a room with two beds (I think it was a premium room). I got a room with 2 beds only after a discussion. Even hotel was not really full I did not get an upgrade (as gold member, and I booked over member site).
The room we got - sorry - but this room was probably built 100 years ago and never updated. It has seen the last good days decades ago. There is nothing more to say - if I would not have been that tired I would have left the hotel. Room was more or less clean.
Funny was the safe - yes, it was not fixed at all and only a few pounds. First I wanted to place it in a different corner but had fear to get blamed to ruin the room.
Many more things as really fold atmosphere, 25 $ for parking over night (most expensive parking in entire western US) etc. etc.
All in all: Not a Marriott standard at all

Room tip: Look for a different hotel
Date of stay: September 2019
4  Thank Lostana
Alexander D, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2019

Dear Lostana,

We would like to thank you for being a loyal Marriott Bonvoy member and truly do apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations.

We would love the opportunity to be able to get more feedback and information from you so that we can address it with the respective departments involved.

We look forward to hearing back from you. Please do contact me at alexander.delrosario@hhmlp.com.

Alex

Reviewed 5 October 2019

This property has friendly staff and the rooms are very cozy. I am a platinum elite member and requested an upgrade. I was told at check in that my room was upgraded. Unfortunately I immediately discovered that my room was not upgraded and had a very poor view. Besides this incident my overall stay went well.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Tori M
Reviewed 25 September 2019

Stayed for 2 nights recently. Check in was easy and the staff were friendly. Room was a good size and clean. Only complaint would be the air con system. Very loud and would only stay on auto so it turned on and off all night resulting in bad sleep quality. Thought it may have just been our aircon but spoke with another guest who said it was the same in their room. Certainly needs to be fixed.

Date of stay: September 2019
2  Thank teppy62
Alexander D, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2019

Dear teppy62,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. My name is Alexander DelRosario and I am the Front Office Manager at the Courtyard Los Angeles Westside. It has come to my attention that the service you received during your recent stay did not meet your expectations. For this, I sincerely apologize.

The experience you described is not characteristic of the level of service our associates strive to
provide. I would love the opportunity to hear more about your recent stay in an effort to prevent this
issue from occurring in the future.

I look forward to hearing back from you in order to restore your confidence in the Courtyard Los Angeles Westside.

Alexander DelRosario