“QUAINT, AFFORDABLE, AND WONDERFUL FOOD--GREAT NEIGHBORHOOD JOINT”
Review of Giovanni's Trattoria - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Giovanni's Trattoria
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 11 November 2010

My husband and I have made this little restaurant our "date night place". We just love it here...the staff, the chef, the food...it's always been a great experience...for years I have been looking for the ultimate linguini and clams dish (only one i found was in Naples, IT) and I found it here. Although it is not in the menu, Giovanni has always been gracious with me and made it. Buenisimo!!

Reviewed 28 June 2009

This is a solid little trattoria which my wife and I have been going to maybe 3 or 4 times a month for several years. We have been there scores of times with never a problem. The owner and chef is usually on the premises. Another reviewer here took issue with the pizza and I can't imagine why. It's excellent Italian-style pizza.The food is always dependable and a bargain at the price. Specials change by the day, but there is a core menu that doesn't vary. If you Google them you will find a current menu......No liquor license, which can be a blessing. Bring your own wine or beer. There is a nominal "corking" fee of maybe $3.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
San Diego, California
Reviewed 15 November 2007

Great food, courtous service.
An affortable experience in a cosy atmosphere.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 20 September 2007

Went to this recipe based on reading a review on this site and found the pizza nearly inedible. Awful!!

Reviewed 9 July 2005

My boyfriend found this place on the first day we moved into the neighborhood and simply stated we should have just set up living quarters in this quaint bistro itself. We love the food and are practically fixtures ourselves. The emphasis is on good, fresh and delicious food. Prices are very reasonable considering the quality of the food - handmade chicken ravioli's are my favorite!!! As they don't have a beer/wine/liquor license it's best to bring your own- the corkage fee is very nominal!!!

6  Thank Myrtlemtn