“Everyone's favorite Italian neighborhood place”
Review of Giovanni's Trattoria - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Giovanni's Trattoria
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 3 December 2014

This is a great Italian neighborhood hang. Given its casual feel and relatively small number of tables, it has surprisingly sophisticated food. Friendly and reasonably priced. Lots of regulars.

Highlights include: antipasta plate appetizer, pizza al marscapone, chicken dijon, linguine alla vongole (clams, a special the night we went) and affogato dessert. I've also had the trout as a special, which was very good.

Two notes: they don't have an alcohol license, so no beer/wine. But folks do bring their own; I don't know whether there is a corkage fee. The restaurant is in a strip mall and parking is sometimes a challenge.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Giovanni is super nice and i love supporting the local family owned businesses in la. Their service is friendly and comfortable. Love love the spinach tortelonni to death. Its truely sooo delish and overall super yummy food.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

Probably the best meal we had while visiting LA. The staff was friendly and welcoming. Our meal started with fresh warm bread that was served with butter and also oil with garlic for dipping. We placed our order and were not going to get an appetizer until we saw the bruchetta going to another table it looked so good we called our server over and added it. We were not disappointed. The portions are the perfect size so you do not become stuffed but are just full. We shared a Caesar salad and I had the Rigatoni Boscaiola my husband the spaghetti and meatballs which was not on the menu but was made upon his request. The place seemed to be filled with locals who were greeted by the owner as they entered also many came in with their own wine I guess they only charge a small corking fee. Our last treat of the evening was torta della nonna I cannot even remember all that was in it but you must try it. I highly recommend trying Giovanni's for some delicious homemade Italian food.

1  Thank Lkmontano
Reviewed 7 January 2012

After two visits, I'm left wondering why I don't come here more often. Charming, cozy atmosphere, pleasant and efficient staff, great food and reasonable prices. With parking usually available right out front in the corner mini-mall lot, it is super convenient.

Start with the caprese salad: wonderful mozzarella and tomatoes, seasoned with a fragrant virgin olive oil and basil leaves. Then opt for a hearty pasta, thin crust pizza or a meat or fish dish. Last night, i had a special with Icelandic cod in a spicy red sause. Excellent. Served with perfectly steamed vegggies. Substituted garlicky spinach as a side for potatoes -- excellent.

Can't wait to try some of the other dishes. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 13 August 2011

it's a great place to eat at always fresh food and very tasty after going there for the first time I never went to Il Fornaio or other expensive Italian restaurants again. I highly recommend it .

2  Thank Araceli82