“Great Little Italian Restaurant”
Review of Giovanni's Trattoria - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Giovanni's Trattoria
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Probably the best meal we had while visiting LA. The staff was friendly and welcoming. Our meal started with fresh warm bread that was served with butter and also oil with garlic for dipping. We placed our order and were not going to get an appetizer until we saw the bruchetta going to another table it looked so good we called our server over and added it. We were not disappointed. The portions are the perfect size so you do not become stuffed but are just full. We shared a Caesar salad and I had the Rigatoni Boscaiola my husband the spaghetti and meatballs which was not on the menu but was made upon his request. The place seemed to be filled with locals who were greeted by the owner as they entered also many came in with their own wine I guess they only charge a small corking fee. Our last treat of the evening was torta della nonna I cannot even remember all that was in it but you must try it. I highly recommend trying Giovanni's for some delicious homemade Italian food.

1  Thank Lkmontano

Reviewed 7 January 2012

After two visits, I'm left wondering why I don't come here more often. Charming, cozy atmosphere, pleasant and efficient staff, great food and reasonable prices. With parking usually available right out front in the corner mini-mall lot, it is super convenient.

Start with the caprese salad: wonderful mozzarella and tomatoes, seasoned with a fragrant virgin olive oil and basil leaves. Then opt for a hearty pasta, thin crust pizza or a meat or fish dish. Last night, i had a special with Icelandic cod in a spicy red sause. Excellent. Served with perfectly steamed vegggies. Substituted garlicky spinach as a side for potatoes -- excellent.

Can't wait to try some of the other dishes. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 13 August 2011

it's a great place to eat at always fresh food and very tasty after going there for the first time I never went to Il Fornaio or other expensive Italian restaurants again. I highly recommend it .

2  Thank Araceli82
Reviewed 11 November 2010

My husband and I have made this little restaurant our "date night place". We just love it here...the staff, the chef, the food...it's always been a great experience...for years I have been looking for the ultimate linguini and clams dish (only one i found was in Naples, IT) and I found it here. Although it is not in the menu, Giovanni has always been gracious with me and made it. Buenisimo!!

Reviewed 28 June 2009

This is a solid little trattoria which my wife and I have been going to maybe 3 or 4 times a month for several years. We have been there scores of times with never a problem. The owner and chef is usually on the premises. Another reviewer here took issue with the pizza and I can't imagine why. It's excellent Italian-style pizza.The food is always dependable and a bargain at the price. Specials change by the day, but there is a core menu that doesn't vary. If you Google them you will find a current menu......No liquor license, which can be a blessing. Bring your own wine or beer. There is a nominal "corking" fee of maybe $3.