“Fresh Good and Fast”

Georgie's Mediterranean
Ranked #21 of 181 Restaurants in Covina
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 2 December 2017

This is one of those best kept secrets in the area...They serve chicken, beef, shrimp and lamb kabobs with rice pilaf and two sides which include tabbouleh, mediterranean salad, hummus or roasted puree'd eggplant or several other choices and all for just at $9-11. They also have a dozen other offerings at a great price and the freshness is just like you made it in your own kitchen. This is not your normal fast food it's Mediterranean fast food because it's all cooked to order after you pay-we timed it at about 15-17 minutes which is why you might want to call ahead as it will be ready when you arrive especially during peak times.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 16 August 2017

A family from Bethlehem, Palestine, makes the food here, and it tastes fresh, authentic, and delicious. Their kids are involved in running the counter, always pleasantly and efficiently, even when they have to cook you something to order.

The falafel and garlic (toom) are amazing; the tabouleh is superfresh and never limp. Every wrap and platter we've ever ordered here is fantastic. SO good. Wish they had seating without the TV and maybe slightly more frequent rounds of table cleaning. But next time I'll likely get food to go.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

I go to Georgie's about once a month, or so. There are two things that are always consistent:
1-good food
2-a decent wait time
Yes, the food is good, but you have to wait for it. They cook most of the entree items fresh. I believe it's worth the wait.

The customer service can vary based on the cashier. I've had not very nice or helpful people, and I've had tremendously great service from others.

Nonetheless, this place is still suggested, if you have time to wait. If not, phone in an order and enjoy in the food at home.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I had a late lunch here on 3/30/17 while we were waiting for our dogs to be groomed. My husband and I ordered 2 plates and an extra skewer of beef. The side orders are rather small. The stuffed grape leaves were very small. The woman who helped us was not accommodating at all. My husband wanted to order the combo plate that had beef, chicken, and lamb, and asked to substitute the lamb for any other meat, because of an allergy to lamb. She just said, "no" without hesitation. No customer skills at all whatsoever. The plates also come with a very small side (think 1/2 oz) of tahini sauce or garlic sauce. Being it was my first time at Georgie's I wanted to try both. The woman reluctantly agree to give me both. Again, not customer service oriented. From a business standpoint, it's not a welcoming sign for repeat business.

For the garlic sauce, it had a strange plastic taste. It was just off. The rice was decent. The chicken kabob was a little dry.

Would I return? Most likely not, given so many eatery options in the SGV.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 31 March 2017

This place has some really good medi eats. Perfect place for lunch.
I would recommend calling in advance to place your order.

Date of visit: March 2017

Been to Georgie's Mediterranean? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK