“Lamb Kabab”

Oasis Grill
Ranked #33 of 181 Restaurants in Covina
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

Have been coming here for over 5 yrs now. its been a few months now but today I was in the area on business and took a beeline 6 miles east to have another delicious lamb kabab plate and quietly enjoy my delicious meal unhurried and peacefully amongst the Glendora locals. Quite an eclectic crowd come here
.. police/ fire/county and state workers ... local office workers and reg people like me. The owner and his staff are from Lebanon... everything's on point and the portions are just right no leas no more.. you get plates ir pit sandwiches... they grill right in front of you and theres ample parking and a/c inside with lots of seating.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 10 July 2016

After making shopping trip to Big Lots we decided to try Middle Eastern Restaurant in area. We first went to the Bakery King down the street because it had higher ratings. But we had to leave as it had no air conditioning. By contrast the Oasis was nice and cool.
We both tried the Lamb Kabab dish and it was very good. Around $12.99 for a good size plate of food. The lamb was tasty and grilled just right. The service was good. And it passed my ethic test for restaurants.
If you read my reviews you'll see I enjoy a variety of cuisines. My basis for how authentic the cuisine is how many of that ethnic group patronize the restaurant. The Oasis Grill passed that test easily. So don't just take my word for it. Try the Oasis Grill for some good authentic Middle Eastern food.

Date of visit: July 2016
2  Thank ralphh909
Reviewed 9 May 2016

I usually get this sort of food at Georgie's in Covina, but they are not open on Sundays, unlike Oasis. I got the chicken shawerma and falafel plates to go. All the main items and included sides were very flavorful. I think the tahini sauce could be priced at 50 cents rather than 75 cents as an extra, but that's a very minor quibble.
The order was ready to go when I got to this tiny place. It was my first time but I will go back.

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank caltravelgal
Reviewed 29 May 2015 via mobile

We have been going to oasis grill for several years now. A simple restaurant in a strip mall with big lots and basha market. Good Mediterranean food. We usually get the kabob plates, $10 - 14

Date of visit: May 2015
1  Thank snow557
Reviewed 26 July 2012 via mobile

The food is always great.
The portion of meat is getting smaller and smaller.
To prove this point, I got out my food scale. The Chicken Salad had 1.8 oz of chicken!! Way to expensive for 3 tiny bites of chicken! Pissed me off!
The food is very good. But getting less and less of it for the same price.

1  Thank Klwh59h

Been to Oasis Grill? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK