“Funny Name, GREAT Food!”

Fonda Don Chon Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 174 Restaurants in Covina
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 17 April 2018

Ok, say "Fonda Don Chon" three times as fast as you can!
All Kidding aside, this is a real find! The food was amazing and the service was helpful!
This is more of a "hole in the wall" Mom & Pop place. That isn't a knock on Fonda Don Chon, it's high praise! They take pride in their restaurant, menu and food quality. Great dinner!

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

I travel quote a bit, 150 nights a year, so, get my fair share of Mexican. This is one of best I've had. Homemade corn tortillas! I had molcajete supreme, omg, delicious. Has a nice kick and stayed hot in lava bowl for long time. Salsa, superb, and wirh a kick. All made me very happy. This is a must stop. Pic doesn't do it justice how good it was.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended to us. Great value for your money we opted for the unlimited buffet, great choice of food.The staff were very helpful they explained all the different food's. It's a very popular restaurant so you would need to get there early to get a seat.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

I can't believe I gave this place 5 Stars when my colleagues first told me about it I saw pictures...I heard buffet...I heard line....and I couldn't think what is the appeal other than the buffet....
I ended up getting Spinach Enchiladas since I'm a Vegetarian and BOOM this sucker was good...fresh and awesome....
We also got their Fresh Guacamole and Queso Fundido was awesome! Sorry I only took pics of my food but honestly they just give you way too much food!! I would still come here if they served less food in my order!!!

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Went there for lunch and it just as good as a person could want. Their buffet has an excellent selection of well prepared and fresh foods. I am looking forward to getting to go there again.

Been to Fonda Don Chon Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK