“great fish”

Shige Sushi Japanese Kitchen
Ranked #6 of 57 Restaurants in Cotati
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 24 December 2017

Stopped by for lunch on Friday, busy but they really made an effort to get everyone seated. Had the lunch special, good Chicken teriyaki...but great sushi...so good we ordered 4 more pieces, the hamachi was fantastic as well as the uni which was as good as i've ever had. Great fish at reasonable prices for such fresh fish. Japanese owned an run, looks like the whole family works there.
Always eat there when we get near Cotati.

1  Thank pumbah47

Reviewed 4 December 2017

So great to be able to walk to a local Cotati restaurant for some amazing sushi! Their lunch specials are great and they don't scrimp on portions or selection! Went to their Curry Feast Fundraiser for Sonoma County Fire Victims, and I wouldn't hesitate to have the curry there again--but it's so hard to pass up their sushi and sashimi!
Nice intimate atmosphere with many regulars, so it speaks well that it's frequently full no matter the day!

1  Thank Claudia T
Reviewed 24 April 2017

I've been looking for a Japanese restaurant that has reasonable prices and good authentic Japanese food. When I see on the menu that it lists "lemon chicken" or any Chinese dishes with Japanese dishes, I know it's not Japanese owned. I finally found it after living up here in Northern California for 7 years. Shige Sushi Japanese Kitchen is it! They have Natto! I have to go back and try their uni, because that's the clincher for me. The freshness of uni tells me all. The service is great. I felt like I was back in Japan. The sushi rice under the fish is just right, not too much, enough to eat in one bite like you're supposed to.I love it. I'm coming back!

2  Thank Nozzydiva
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

Small restaurant with great Sushi and sake selections. Crowded and loud but fun vibe. Have tried many sushi restaurants in Santa Rosa and Shige is one of the best. Reservations needed for dinner. Highly recommend.

2  Thank lrhorer
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Great chef and kitchen! Delicious food! Awesome specials too. Reservations are a good idea as the dining area is small. Service is very good, but it's the food that rocks!

2  Thank Tim W