“Great Thai food”

Tiny-Thai
Ranked #5 of 57 Restaurants in Cotati
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 14 January 2018

Fresh, and yummy!! Love this little tiny spot.. not good for large groups but they do takeout so go that way if you have more than four or five in your group. The asparagus shrimp and the appetizer combo are standards for us, and the pad thai and larb gai is worth every penny.

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

My photo of my lunch plate hit over 50k views on Google Maps! The heart shaped rice on my plate was super cute.
Everything there is always delicious, you won't be disappointed

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Visited with a friend who loves this place about a month ago for lunch. Yes, it was pretty cute and small. It held a few tables; unfortunately, sat next to a table with a man speaking really loudly. That made it hard to hear my friend.

I ordered the Cotati Combo for $8.99 (lunch price), which included curry of the day with chicken or tofu, jasmine rice, an egg roll, and pad thai. It took awhile to get our food. The food, when it arrived, was fair. Very small portions of each item. Curry had about 2 pieces of tofu, a few veggies. A good way to try several items, but not enough food.

The place is clean, well lit, large window with a view of the main street in Cotati - great for people watching. Did not use the bathroom; but it requires walking through the kitchen and behind the chef at the stove. Did not really want to attempt that. Also, the tables are quite close together, so it might be hard to navigate around if you are in a wheelchair.

Overall, the food was fair. I don't really see what all the hype is about. Sure, it is cute, and nice to try once. But I have found better Thai food out there.

Reviewed 27 January 2017

I respect that people seem to just love Tiny Thai, and perhaps I am spoiled, but this has got to be the worst Thai place I've ever eaten at, and I've eaten here five times now (we get takeout). The pad thai is a greasy pile of noodles that remind me of bad chow main, the tom kha gai soup tastes vaguely like soap and does not abide by the Thai rule of flavor mixing: salty, sour, sweet, and bitter (it's kind of bitter and sweet but not at all balanced). Thom Kha Gai and Pad Thai are basic staples, so if a Thai restaurant isn't nailing these, we're already in trouble. But add that to stringy chicken satay and runny massaman curry, and we resolved to not go back, no matter HOW convenient it is, a sixth time. Thus said, it's extremely convenient, so reading these reviews, perhaps they just slough off the bad stuff for takeout or maybe the green papaya salad with pumpkin curry is their star dish. Perhaps it's in the ambiance. But it's not in the staples of good Thai cooking, that's for sure. Ironically, I'm not even a little picky about Thai food, but everything I had that they made for the Thom Kha Gai tasted like canned coconut milk in the worst way, very tinny, with like two sad prawns floating in it and thick, sweet, tinny soup. I don't recommend it, but I also don't not recommend it; ask the waiter what is good, perhaps? And maybe nothing is? I haven't found their best dish yet, that much is for sure.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

We always enjoy Tiny-Thai, both for takeout as well as dine in. The food is always well prepared and the service is friendly. It appears to be family run. The space is quite small so a group or family could be problematic. I wish it was a little closer to home so I wouldn't have to rush home to enjoy a hot meal! Recommended for a reasonably priced tasty Thai meal.