“Super Chicken El Magnifico”
Review of Super Pollo

Super Pollo
Ranked #109 of 520 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Reviewed 6 September 2015

This restaurant is the one and only Super Pollo. It can not be replicated nor can the recipe. Seriously, if you like Pollo Loco get ready to be blow away buy the best Mexican Chicken and sides anywhere in the OC. It is a little hard to find for those not familiar with Costa Mesa, so from Newport Blvd at 17th Street look behind Del Taco, regardless of location Super Pollo isn't in anyone's shadow.

2  Thank Brad E

Reviewed 5 September 2015 via mobile

A MUST stop before leaving SoCal, there is no garlic chicken like this anywhere in the world. Will be my first stop on returning.

1  Thank rdmdds1
Reviewed 14 December 2014

When I was in Hoag Hospital for a few days, I kept thinking about escaping and finding my way over to Super Pollo. Instead, it was the first place I went after I was released! I go there at least once a month when I'm in the area, for breakfast or lunch. They also have excellent breakfast burritos. It isn't a fancy place, but it is clean and the food is excellent!

1  Thank RJB-15
Reviewed 9 October 2014

This is a no frills, clean, good food kinda place. I'd driven by numerous times and finally stopped in. I will keep going back. I was impressed by all the chickens laid out on the stove. It's a good thing, because the little place was full and folks were coming in to pick up take out.

We tried chicken and carne asada corn tortilla tacos. They serve a double tortilla type taco probably because they are good sized. Both were delicious! As much as they specialize in chicken, I really enjoyed the carne asada as well. Getting one of each, is a good plan.

The place is very unassuming, but you can tell from conversation they have a number of regular repeat customers. There are few tables inside and a couple outside, but take out works just as well.

We will be back for sure.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This place has the best chicken in town! Seriously! I've been coming here for about 15 yrs. I love the food. The whole chicken combo is the best. You get the works! The tacos are amazing. The burritos are delicious. Breakfast burritos are great! Everything here is great. Family owned and great people. I feel like part of the family!
Great food. Good portions. Great value. 5 star joint!