All reviews full kitchen living room muir woods free breakfast san francisco pool and hot tub separate bedrooms movie theater courtyard area breakfast room nice pool yogurt bit dated minute drive flat screen an older hotel fire pit
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

We bought our stay at this hotel months ago. When we arrived, they had sold out our room to another. So, they offered to put our family of 5 into one room with only 2 beds. For this inconvenience, they first offered only $75 where we would be upgraded the next day. I said it wasn’t enough so they offered $100 instead. The inconvenience of packing and unpacking and waiting for our room to be ready should have resulted in our room being comped! Anyway when we get to the one bedroom, the smell as we opened the door was horrendous! The air conditioning unit was so loud and wasn’t functioning properly and the room was very warm. There was no way to change the speed on the ceiling fan. I marched right back to the front desk and they finally said they would come our room for the night. No apologies nor and warmth for that matter. The customer service is severely lacking. In the morning we went to the front Desk again to get our room key. We couldn’t move into our room until 2pm. So we could either leave our bags at the desk or wait around till our room becomes available. Grrrr this was so awful! So, my husband in the morning tries to go work out at the gym and end up injuring himself on the malfunctioning equipment that stopped mid run. Not to mention it was unbearably hot. The breakfast was the only pleasant part about our brief stay. I decided all the aggravation wasn’t worth it so I demanded a full refund and stayed at the Marriott in Larkspur Landing instead which was a million times better than the Marin Suites. The kids ended up sleeping on the living room floor and because of the foul smell, I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn’t get back to sleep. I am very happy we decided to move places because the guests at the Marin Suites were all complaining about the smell and what a dump it was. Every single staff member we dealt with were cold, unapologetic, unsympathetic and uncaring.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lara B
Matthew A, Director of Sales at Marin Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Thank you for staying with us and taking a moment to share your experience. We apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. Your room should have been ready and cleaned. I will ensure your comments are shared with the all management directly. We wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve.

Yes, without having air conditioning on hot days it can become a little uncomfortable. We are in the process of having new air conditioning heating units installed. I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

Very spacious rooms, almost like it is a hip little resort from the 50's or 60's. My one bedroom was a like a full on apartment with, living room, dining area and a full kitchen. Great courtyard pool area, breakfast served in the morning and the town of Corta Madera is adorable.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

We appreciate you for taking the time to share your review. We realize you have choices when selecting a hotel and we are thankful in having the opportunity to be your lodging partner. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

I contacted the Director of Sales last Monday for information on group rates. He was not available so I left a message. I had to call again to finally receive a call back. He called me on Tuesday but had to leave a message. He gave me an option of emailing or phoning to contact him. I called again because I knew a conversation would be quickly than back and forth emails. I also told him that I needed to secure plans quickly even though the trip was several months out. It is Saturday now and I only heard from him that one time even though I called him 4 times. I went with another hotel. I booked ten rooms for 2 nights. I know Marin Suites had availability because I checked that with the reservation desk on Sunday before calling him on Monday. I am not sure if the hotel is just understaffed or he just wasn't available (vacation?) However, this incident lacked customer service. Someone should have taken the time to call me back. Just a note: I am not using the gentleman's name in the review because I respect his privacy. Although we never stayed there, this site requires a time period. The time period shown is when I tried to contact the hotel. I would also like to mention, that person I spoke with on Sunday was very friendly and gave me a good description of the hotel but could not help with group rates since they have a group sales department.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Marcec51
Matthew A, Director of Sales at Marin Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

We appreciate you for taking the time to share your review. Looks like we missed the mark. I apologize for the confusion. Yes, I did call back on Tuesday. I did apologize for the delay. You did call me back and your message left was that you were going with the Embassy Suites. I respected your decision and did not think you were waiting on a call back. We do hope you will provide us with another opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel was obviously an apartment complex at one time. Our suite consisted of a living room with a large flat screen tv, a dining area with table and four chairs, a kitchen with dishes, pots, silverware, stove and refrigerator, a nice bathroom and large bedroom with a smaller flat screen tv and a large closet. This suite would be perfect for a weekend getaway. It’s close to Muir Woods, San Francisco etc. The hotel has a nice large pool with a hot tub. It offers a free breakfast. The breakfast consists of rolls, omelets, sausages, cereal, juices and coffee.

PROS: Nice large clean suite. There is a ceiling fan over the king size bed. The bed was extremely comfortable. We loved that we could open the bedroom windows fully to let the breeze in. The price for the room was really reasonable for the area. The hotel offers free parking and fitness center. There is a large mall nearby as well as a small mall.

CONS: There was a musty smell in the room which may be due to the very large portable air conditioner. After turning on the noisy unit the smell disappeared. The air conditioner didn’t seem to do a very good job so I’m unsure what the suite would be like during the summer however the area doesn’t have many really hot days.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Matthew A, Director of Sales at Marin Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

We appreciate you for staying with us and taking the time to share valuable feedback on your stay. We realize you have choices when selecting a hotel and yes, without having air conditioning on hot days can become a little uncomfortable. We are in the process of having new air conditioning heating units installed. We hope this will eliminate the musty smell that you mentioned from the humidity of the portable coolers.

We appreciate you understanding and are grateful that you are willing to return and stay with us again.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

We were awakened by a neighbor at 1:00 a.m. telling us we had to evacuate from a massive firestorm headed our way. Grabbing what we could, we reconnoitered in a parking lot, the smoke and ash swirling around us. Finally, my daughter got ahold of the Marin Suites who said they had a room. This room turned out to be a sanctuary where we could catch a few hours sleep as we figured out what to do next. The real story, though, is what it was like checking in that morning at 2:30 a.m. The phone kept ringing, ringing, ringing with calls from other evacuees looking for someplace to stay. Even though all rooms were by then booked, the host patiently answered every call as he expedited our reservation. It was quite a remarkable feat and something I believe deserves recognition. The rooms themselves are sumptuous and the breakfast is really good. I recommend this inn highly, even if you aren't escaping a fire.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Brian E
Matthew A, Director of Sales at Marin Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! Dealing with what you are going through as well as so many other, we really appreciate you taking a moment to acknowledge us. We sincerely hope your home is okay.