This was the first Club Mahindra property that we visited. The experience was absolutely horrible. The property is in serious need of maintenance, the plaster on the walls is peeling off and the rooms are cold, cramped and dingy.
The service is indifferent, unintellegent and exasperating. We got the first taste of their service when the person carrying our luggage randomly left it out of the room and vanished. At the restaurant the table clothes were dirty and the waiters were absolutely clueless about what was happening and running around like headless chicken without any real purpose. They tried to set up a buffet which was a complete disaster as they kept on running out of food.
Also the basic facilities were not available.
- There was no travel desk at the hotel
- There was no activity center so there was nothing to do.
We had originally booked for 4 nights but shifted after one night as we could not tolerate it any longer. When we tried to settle our bill, we were told that there was a service tax of 5% on Amex card. I mean this is absolutely outrageous.
We were told that Club Mahindra had recently acquired the property hence the standards were low. I somehow don't beleive it. If they were so bothered about standards why did they open it up in the first place?
It is worse than any 2 Star property and feel absolutely cheated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Mahindra Kandaghat, is a home away from home,far away from the maddening crowds. If you want to relax and chill and rediscover your relationship, The Club Mahindra Kandaghat Resort is the place to visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, ClearTrip and Expedia so you can book your Club Mahindra Kandaghat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Mahindra Kandaghat Himachal Pradesh