“Love their organic cafe moto iced coffee”

Clayton's Coffee Shop
Ranked #3 of 107 Restaurants in Coronado
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I like going to the outside window for organic cafe moto iced coffee. My friend loves their donuts and my mom loves their soft serve ice cream cones.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have ordered 1 sandwiche with bacon, tomatoes and cheese as you can see in my pics and a California burger with avvocato and cheese. Incredible taste. We love it. Take a look at the pics! To drink 1 pink lemonade and 1 coke. 1 fries and 1 coleslaw. For dessert a blueberry cake. Good good good. The place is set like 80' years. So beautiful. The staff so kind and leave you all the time you want to take a look at the big menu they have. We wanna come back here again.
Only 31 dollars. Amazing price
You can choose also the music from the jubox that you have at you table. Cool

Buono buono il posto è ambientato anni 80. 1 sandwich con pomodori, formaggio e 1 California Burger con avocado e formaggio. Patatine e insalata di cavolo per contorno. Da bere una Pink lemonade e 1 coca. Per dolce una torta ai mirtilli. Solo 31 dollari. Guardate le foto. Ci tornerei subito. Staff molto gentile e ti danno tutto il tempo che vuoi per leggere il menù. Nei tavoli ci sono i jubox dove puoi scegliere di azionare la musica che vuoi anni 80 e la sente tutta il locale. Bello!

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We waited about 30 minutes and we sat at the bar which we LOVE to do. Started with coffee and a huge cinnamon roll! Very good. I had the huevos rancheros and my husband had the burrito. It was amazing. All the food coming out looked so great we wanted to try it all. Chicken and waffles looked great, eggs benedict, even a monte crisco. We needed a walk and a nap but it was worth it!

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Clayton's prides itself on being a throwback -- but the menu is anything but. Each day features a contemporary 'special' to go with the usual diner fare -- great pancakes and hues rancheros. The counter is horsehoe shaped and the five servers behind the counter are fun to watch as they easily move past each other and fill in for each other's table orders. The meatball sub special, if it is offered the day you visit, is well worth it. The Second time we went, I looked at the 'specials' menu and said to my wife, "I think we're should eat all there meals here today!"

Reviewed 4 September 2018

This is very much an authentic 50's diner. It has the large u shaped counter with booths as additional seating along two of the walls. It is a tight squeeze, our waitress said it was like working on an airplane. It was very hot the day we were there at noon as well and is pretty noisy. .

My wife ordered the child/senior portion of fish and chips. It came with 3 pieces of fish and fries. I think she like them but later said she wouldn't want to go back. That may have been because the atmosphere was just not comfortable.

I had the fried chicken. It was boneless which usually means white meat. This was, I think, an amalgam of white and dark meat in each piece. At least that's what I think it was. The dark meat parts were so tough I couldn't cut them and were just unappetizing so I left them. The mashed potatoes seemed like they were made there and were good. It also came with creamed corn which was ok and a biscuit which I didn't care for.

So we weren't particularly impressed. We might be willing to give it another try but wouldn't want to wait in a long line to do so. Their deserts/baked goods looked good and were served in large portions but we didn't try them. Maybe next time.