“Not so good”

Stake Chophouse & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Stake Chophouse & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 108 Restaurants in Coronado
Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 35
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Stake is a modern steakhouse with a contemporary setting in downtown Coronado.Serving USDA Prime, Dry Aged and Kobe Beef along with seafood selections.
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Coronado is unique because there really isn’t a lot of food choices. With that being said, this restaurant does have a nice ambiance. That was the best part. The service, like I read in other reviews is indeed lackluster. We did bring our 5-year old who is well seasoned in fine dining. I was shocked to see a nice changing table for infants in the restaurant, but disappointed there were no offerings in menu for kids. A shock as most other places that are of this caliber are kid friendly. I ordered the cap ribeye & it wasn’t very good. It was greasy, and overly fatty. I didn’t like the spiral presentation. My husband had the 35 day aged ribeye that had an interesting flavor that neither of us cared for. Huge wine list but the server was very authentic which I appreciate, and said, “ all our offerings are bone dry”. Ok, so there goes that as I’m a sweet wine drinker. The service was a 3/10, food 5/10. I wouldn’t rush back or recommend it even for the Coronado convenience. Next time I’ll happily hop in our car & go to San Diego & go to anyone of their steak houses that are better food that cater to families when necessary.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Hosted a business dinner in the private dining room. Excellent steaks and service. We will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

This is a beautiful and sophisticated space upstairs with a nice dining room and bar. We especially enjoyed the patio and tasty appetizers and drinks.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Wen't there last week on a Wednesday, We didn't have a reservation so we couldn't eat. We did have a nice drink on the roof patio and listened to some live music. The menu looked good so i was disappointed we couldn't eat but maybe next time.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Went there on a Friday night, nice atmosphere , try to get seating on the patio, much nicer than in side when the weather is nice.
We had the Duck and Lobster with heart of rib eye and shared a Caesar salad. It was out standing ! !!! Justifying the price.
Only oops had to ask for pepper for salad..
Best food I have had on the Island.