“Spectacular Hair Salon!”
Review of Sea Spa

Sea Spa
Ranked #1 of 10 Spas & Wellness in Coronado
More attraction details
Owner description: Sea Spa features 15 luxurious treatment rooms – including a couple’s suite, four outdoor treatment areas and a Vichy rain shower – for a variety of massage, facial and body services. A tranquil spa patio is home to one of Southern California’s only Watsu pools. Additional amenities include an extensive retail area and supremely comfortable relaxation lounge.
Reviewed 19 December 2015

I was able to get an appointment easily! Jennifer gave me a really great cut and style...she was so fun to work with and really knew what I was looking for! Spectacular! I'm visiting, but will definitely recommend it to my friends who live here! I thought the price was very fair, actually lower than expected since it is part of a resort! Thanks!!

Date of experience: December 2015

Reviewed 23 October 2015

I used to work at a spa in San Diego, when I tried to book a couples massage there, there were not any available spots so I called the Sea Spa at Loews based on what others had mentioned to me. They were able to get my appointment booked with only 2 days notice.

My boyfriend and I started our vacation with a couples massage, it was the best way to begin by far! The massages were incredible, the room was peaceful, and the amenities were more than we expected! (Highly recommend the hot stone add-on!)

The free glass of champagne after the massage was the topper for me. We sat and relaxed after our massage in the coed relaxation room drinking out champagne. There was also an outdoor spa, as well as indoor steam room and saunas.

Overall from start to finish it was a fantastic experience. We were allowed to use the facilities all day and the staff's number one goal was our relaxation. As a former spa employee, I quickly realized where my previous employment lacked in service while I was at Sea Spa. I especially enjoyed the lockers, they have a locking mechanism so you can pick your code. It definitely makes you feel like your belongings are secure, which gives you the ability to wander in your robe and enjoy your time there.

I highly recommend taking a day or half day out of your next San Diego vacation and spending it at the Sea Spa, I know I cannot wait to go back!

Date of experience: October 2015
1  Thank Kirsten H
Reviewed 20 October 2015

During our stay at the Loews Resort, we used the spa amenities at Sea Spa & enjoyed every moment of it. It is what topped off our whole stay. Lisa, the manager of the Sea Spa was so friendly & at any point we saw her, she always asked if there was anything else they could do. As did anyone else working at the spa. Thank you for making our day that much more enjoyable!

Date of experience: October 2015
1  Thank Rachelbaby85
Reviewed 17 July 2015

I had a very nice massage and pedicure. The massage was $155 and the pedi $60--I think that's pretty high. On top of all that, a 20% gratuity was added automatically--which was over $30 for the massage alone. They graciously reduced it to a level I thought appropriate, but I think it's very presumptuous to automatically add it.

Date of experience: July 2015
4  Thank MaryE995
See more reviews
Reviewed 11 July 2015

While living in San Diego I was a member of Sea Spa and the one and only time I used the lockers in ladies spa area I was robbed. Yes, my locker was most definitely locked and was unlocked when I returned. I was robbed of my cash and my debit card was taken and quickly used while I was still at the spa. And not only was I robbed but another woman had same thing happen to her while I was there. Very unsettling experience. Keep all your personal items with you. Seriously.

Also, if you are considering a membership get everything in writing. Don't assume a phone conversation does the trick if you need to cancel, modify etc. It can be a nice pool area and spa would be nice if it was not ruined by theft. Be careful...and it can be okay..but do you really want to deal with the stress when you are trying to relax.

Date of experience: February 2015