“Our favorite restaurant on Coronado Island”

Primavera Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Primavera Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 108 Restaurants in Coronado
Price range: US$ 28 - US$ 35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 9th & 10th
Description: Located in the heart of Coronado, Primavera Ristorante serves exceptional innovative Northern Italian cuisine, inspired by the fresh ingredients and flavors of San Diego. Since opening nearly 27 years ago, Primavera Ristorante has remained one of the most popular restaurants in Coronado, and has been voted “Best Italian Fare” by Coronado Lifestyle Magazine, as well as been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015. Our outstanding culinary team has achieved world renowned success with our house specialty, osso bucco.
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Exceptional chef creates amazing food. Professional staff are attentive and proactive. Our chosen appetizer was Procuitto e Melon. I had never had Procuitto with cantaloupe shaved in long strips, so delicious rolled together. My husband had the Combined Chicken and Eggplant parm. His two favorites combined. So original! I had my favorite Cioppino and it was perfect. The Limoncello Mouse melted in my mouth. So wonderful! My husbands Chocolate Lava cake was delicious as well. We both agreed that we couldn’t have picked a better place for our 35th wedding anniversary.

1  Thank Windyxxoo

Reviewed 23 August 2018

I had dinner at this restaurant and it was supposed to be very good Italian cuisine. Well, it was not good, service not good and staff not too friendly. Well, when I evaluate a restaurant, if I value it as not good, my evaluation should stop there. And here, it was the case. Do not waste your time and money.

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

We had dinner here expecting a lot from the reviews and were not disappointed. The home-made pasta dishes were great and the veal Osso Buco was outstanding. A nicely varied menu and attentive service. Very generous portions and high quality made it a good value.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

This is a solid choice. The food is top notch and the martinis are the best in all the San Diego area.

The service is a bit slow and the ambiance is a bit on the boring side. I would recommend it for an early dinner because the place is almost empty by 10:00 or 10:30 pm

Reviewed 11 July 2018

We have eaten at Primavera several times for their wonderful Happy Hour. The portion size for Happy Hour is quite ample, and the chef has not skimped on flavor or quality. The wine list includes some very nice regional and international wines. Our experience with the staff has been very good. They seem to have landed on a delightful balance of being professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. The Atmosphere is reminiscent of Italy with a warm, traditional decor but with contemporary touches to keep it from feeling too dark. The large bar is welcoming and beautiful as you enter the restaurant. We plan to eat at Primavera for dinner when we return to Coronado.