“Great ribs and brisket!”

Lil' Piggy's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #22 of 109 Restaurants in Coronado
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 18
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Located on Coronado's Ferry Landing, Lil' Piggy's Bar-B-Q brings all the flavor of a Memphis Style barbecue straight to San Diego. Inspired by a family tour through the most notable BBQ joints in Memphis, the Carolinas, Kansas City and more-Lil' Piggy's is a locally-owned concept, offering authentic specialties, blues music, spectacular park and bay views, and 100 varieties of beer to choose from.
Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

The ribs fell off the bone, the brisket was cooked perfectly and tender, and the service was happy and nice. Great place to eat for a family of four! Lawrence L.

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

Plenty of beer choices that's for sure! Over 100 to choose from, but this is a BBQ joint with a view of the bay. Pretty good for a tourist impacted spot. Ribs where great but the brisket was week. Baked beans were good, but the slaw could use an upgrade. And please....pick better music for the outdoor patio area!!

Reviewed 20 October 2016

I thought the service was a bit slow and in spite of the fact that the place was not packed we had to wait for menus to become available. Not a great start. But it improved from there and received decent service. I had a Cali-BBQ sandwich with a side of cole slaw and the wife had ribs. Bith were good but not outstanding. The slaw was OK but I make better. I thought the pricing was quite good so value is a pretty big plus. We're here for six weeks and so we may very well go back.

Reviewed 15 October 2016

This is one of the best BBQ places that I have visited. They had a fairly good selection of meats and a large selection of sides. I had the Piggy Plate with smoked sausage and two sides. My sides were the mac and cheese and the baked beans. All three items were outstanding. Their meat portions come in Lil’ Portion or Big Portion. My only complaint with the whole visit was the little portion of meat was kind of small. The two sides were kind of large so they helped to fill you up. My food with a beer and a ice tea came to about $20. Well worth the price for the excellent tasting food.

The servers are very friendly and attentive. This is definitely an excellent place to come and eat a great meal.

Reviewed 15 October 2016

I make my annual pilgrimage to Coronado to attend a conference and while here, look for interesting places to eat. I had been doing some research for lunch options and came across Lil' Piggy's. What caught my eye was that the BBQ here was described as "Memphis Style." I've had North Carolina and Texas style, and even though I wasn't in Tennessee, I thought trying Memphis style was worth a go.

I ordered a medium-sized platter with six ribs. Memphis style is very slow cooked and you can have the ribs "dry" (rubbed with spices) or "wet" (basted with sauce through the whole cooking process. I ordered them "wet." Wow. The meat fell off the bones and the sauce was perfectly tangy and sweet. At Lil' Piggy's, there is extra sauce on the table - that which comes with the meat already and two others: a vinegar-based sauce and hot sauce. I added a little hot sauce. Perfect.

You get two sides - I ordered the cole slaw, which was light and delicious. And the corn fritters, which were a little on the heavy side. Fried food is not my thing but they were tasty nonetheless.

The restaurant has an impressive beer menu - boosting a selection of around 100 different beers with an emphasis on local.

Lil' Piggy's is one my return list.

3  Thank Ricky R