New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

El Cordova Hotel
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Coronado
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at El Cordova. Parking right across the street was reasonable with the hotel voucher, the room was nice, we actually had a living room, bedroom and kitchenette. Perfect for when we wanted to rest and our grandson who is in the Navy there wanted to "chill" and watch television. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: We were right by the pool, no pool noise disturbance.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Hwsb
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I found this hotel avail in my iPhone App, Hotel Tonight. If your not familiar with this app, basically you can book a room for that night in most major cities. When you download the app, use my Invite Code: DSTANERT. it will immediately add $25 credits to your acct.
Since we travel with a family of 4, we tend to look for different & interesting hotels. El Cordova is just that. Not the quietest since it has hardwood floors but roomy enough with full kitchen. 1 bedroom, I living room with sofa bed. Keep in mind this was a room upgrade so I cannot comment on the deluxe standard. The entrance was quite cool with room doors (which resembles mini condos) all face a Spanish tiled courtyard with bbq grills Plenty of forage surrounding it with a pool & spa . el Cordova sits directly across the Coronado hotel so we walked there, rented the 6 seater bike for $30 & rode the boardwalk then returned to our hotel to eat dinner at Miguels Cocina. Very good Mexican eats!!Great vacation using hotel tonight! We were able to stay 2 nights!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank MrSL0TS
Long Beach, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

After the reviews on trip advisor, I became a little concerned, needless to say, I e-mailed my concerns and request (I changed from a standard room to a one bedroom with living room and kitchnette) and asked to be on the ground floor. I appreciated the front desk supervisor responding to my request via e-mail. I really appreciated that and it showed me that they care about their customers. What i didn't know was that there is a room above you. Unfortunately, I had kids above early on Sunday morning..., but in spite of that, the stay was wonderful. There is no parking with the hotel, but was given a paper to go to a parking lot across the street, for $8, however it was full.I ended up parking several blocks away. (nice walk--beautiful views)

One note, in the entire room, there was only one mirror, and that was in the bathroom. I would just ask for more mirrors throughout especially if you are travelling with someone. A girls has got to do their makeup.
Since I was in room 59, it was next to the Miguelito's Restaurant, so it got noisy, but again, it was not a big deal.
I found the staff, ambience and accomodations to be great. I have no problem in recommending this hotel. I will post pictures later.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
San Clemente, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

SUPER SURPRISE

My wife and I spent a weekend at historic El Cordova Hotel, anticipating that there might be a problem since it was Easter, spring break, and a lot of congestion predicted. No problem materialized, at least not with the hotel, which we found to be an absolute gem! We were greeted warmly, and were very pleased with the location, property and our spacious room (#93) on the second floor of the 2-story hotel. The room was clean, and the Spanish architecture and unexpected beautiful tilework in the room were only part of the story. Like most travelers, we hope for a nice window and view. This room had SIX windows and pleasant views from all, but was easily darkened by full drapes for sleeping. We particularly enjoyed the view into the courtyard below that gave the appearance of a peek into Spain. The two restaurants on site (Brigantine seafood and Miguel’s mexican Cocina) gave us great dining options. The location across the street from the historic Del Coronado and its stunning beach is one of the best in all of southern California, and is an easy springboard to San Diego sites such as the 15 major museums at Balboa Park (which we visited). I could go on and on-- the separate dining area and mini-kitchen, the large bathtub and shower, etc.-- but I would be taking away the surprise in fun discoveries. The $150 per night rate was in keeping with others in the area, and we will look forward to a return and longer stay.

Room Tip: We preferred the second story room and considered the stairs as something you would expect in a 100...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MicaJackson, General Manager at El Cordova Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you were pleasantly surprised by your stay at our property. We try to offer our guests a unique experience with our Spanish hacienda style. You will not find another property similar to us in Coronado. I hope that we will see you again in the future.
Possum Kingdom Lake, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

The stay was pleasant and comfortable. An older facility but clean and functional, great location to restaurants and convention site across the street at the "Del". If you want high prices, glitz and glamour this is not your place, a great value for the money, I would definitely stay at the Hotel again.

Room Tip: Upstairs corner suite is wonderful.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business