“Yummy Lobster Roll Lunch!”
Review of Lobster West

Lobster West
Ranked #17 of 109 Restaurants in Coronado
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

We read the reviews of the Lobster West and ventured here for lunch. It was Halloween and the wonderful woman at the counter was dressed as a fun but creepy clown - she was very kind and patient as we navigated the menu. We had the lobster roll sandwich and also the paleo option. Tons of lobster meat on the roll and the paleo wrap, served with good amounts of side dishes. It was a really great choice for lunch for us that day!

Reviewed 12 November 2017

While staying at the Hotel Del, we read a few reviews for nearby restaurants and were happy to discover Lobster West. We ordered a lobster roll, a scallop roll, and some crab soup to go. The staff was very attentive and made some helpful modifications to accommodate our dietary preferences. We took everything back over to the hotel where we sat and ate on the patio with an ocean view. Overall, everything was very delicious. My only critique is that the scallops were a bit over cooked.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

I took an Uber just to get here. From downtown San Diego by the Gaslamp Quarter. On the way, the driver explained the priciness of real estate in Coronado. I figured. Because this place was as small and nondescript as a your typical neighborhood Subway restaurant. Except here lunch can cost you $31. That's what I paid for the lobster roll, extra lobster, two sides, no drink.

Was worth every penny.

I was given the option of a hot sandwich. I looked confused and friendly lady explained that the lobster is usually served cold - that's how they serve them in Maine. I asked how is it heated, do you 'nuke it? Friendly lady said, nope, in the oven. So I chose Hot.

The lobster was mostly claw meat, no tail, but it was hot and buttery and delicious! The roll was toasted fresh and crisp. It didn't seem logistically possible for them to reheat the lobster and freshly toast the bread that fast. They couldn't have prepared this in advance - I was the only one there. And it was mid-afternnon. I also feared reheated lobster would be tough and spongy. But nope. It tasted freshly made. I ate it in about 3 bites. And then I wanted to order another one. But didn't. I mean, I'm no Rockefeller. I still have to pay for another Uber to take me back.

Then I started on the coleslaw and beans. They were good but anticlimactic. I should've savored the lobster roll and eaten that last. Sigh. Live and learn.

(Now as I'm writing this, I'm kicking myself for not ordering that second sandwich. Shoulda' woulda' coulda'.)

Reviewed 1 November 2017

My son, my husband and I went here for lunch today. The menu is somewhat limited, but everything on it is outstanding. We chose to share the Maine Feast for two combo and the flight of soups sampler. There were 3 rolls in the feast, one lobster, one crab and one shrimp. You could also chose a scallop roll. We asked them to cut each roll in threes. The rolls are amazing. Not only were they prepared the way we asked, no mayo, they were toasted to perfection with a crispy, buttery crust!!! We also had a choice of 4 sides, and we chose the Boston Baked Beans which were authentic and incredible, the home made Coleslaw which was just excellent and two bags of Cape Cod chips. The Flight of Soups consisted of Lobster Bisque, Clam Chowder and Maryland crab soup. Each was excellent, though we loved the Lobster Bisque and the Clam Chowder the best. Then as if we had not stuffed ourselves silly, we ordered three Whoopie Pies. These are not small Whoopie Pies, these are a good 5 inches across and the frosting in the middle was almost 1/2 inch thick. Needless to say, they were the most delicious Whoopie Pies. We left there stuffed to the gills and very happy. We are already making plans to return for more!!!

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Had the lobster salad to go. Staff very friendly. Wish it it had more lobster for the price but salad was crisp, cherry tomatoes were ripe and flavorful.

Been to Lobster West? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK