“A little bit of old school goodness”
Review of Five Crowns

Five Crowns
Reserve with OpenTable
Five Crowns is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 35
Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Good for: Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Poppy
Transit: Pacific Coast Highway and Poppy on the #1 Bus.
Description: Five Crowns, a charming replica of one of England's oldest country inns and a Corona del Mar landmark, offers warm hospitality and cozy fireplaces set among authentic antiques and period paintings. Enjoy the sunlit Greenhouse and colorful English garden as well. Expect award-winning food and wine, exceptional service and distinctive style that have made it a dining destination since 1965.
Reviewed 28 August 2018

This is still one of my favorite places to go for a nice English dinner. Their Yorkshire pudding and creamed spinach are delicious! A great part of this long time establishment is "The Side Door" which is basically the bar on the side which serves great pub food and is a nice place to go for a casual bite to eat. The staff is always warm and friendly and service is very good.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

After I made my reservation someone from our party stated the website stated a "No short" policy. Since we were boating that day, a couple of men from our party were wearing shorts. I called to cancel the reservation based on this information and we were told they have not followed that policy in many years. There is valet parking across the street for $6.00, well worth the time to find parking in the neighborhood.
Food was very good but it is an expensive restaurant.

1  Thank OceanKate
Reviewed 8 August 2018

More than 50 years ago this restaurant was a destination for Prom kids. Wow, so fancy!!! As an adult, my tastes have gone beyond traditional Prime Rib. However, if feeling a twinge of desire to head for the “Mother Country” or if you miss a traditional meal, you would not go wrong here. Saying those kind things, I still find that I go far more often to a nearby French Bistro. Perhaps I am not traditional enough and just not as excited about this quite solid English menu.

1  Thank 998sunshine
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I must say I have only sat near the bar area and I mainly go for some wine and the charcuterie board! It hasn't been too packed when I go for the most part and if so I just find a spot at the bar. Easy in easy out for me but I do love choosing which cheeses and meats I prefer to try that evening

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Long time favorite when living in the area. Decided to go back and expected the quality, in all respects, from what we had experienced.
Sadly, the result was anything as remembered; service questionable, horseradish in a small container as opposed to served, white tablecloths a thing of the past . . . list goes on.

1  Thank Marc B