See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Would not consider this a viable alternative for someone seeking business, family, or vacation lodging. Reviews mentioning the poor physical condition are correct. Most of property not very handicap accessible. Parking lot is scary at night. You can hear highway traffic from your bed 24hrs a day. 1960s style motel. Lower your expectations and devalue your personal safety and you'll be ok.

Room tip: Don't stay in this neighborhood
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Although the staff seemed helpful, there were several things that were disappointing about our experience with this place.

First, they offered no veterans discount (which is a pretty standard discount offered by nationally recognized lodgings).

Second, the parking was very scarce and we could not park near our room.

Third, the neighborhood had a shady feel to it and the rooms themselves were a little run down. For example, there was water leaking into our room from the unit above, and one of the drawers in the dresser was completely missing.

Fourth, they advertise "Continental Breakfast" which, in this case, is coffee and a pastry. I know that, "technically", this qualifies as a continental breakfast. But these folks are part of the "Choice Hotels" network and I expect more from them for our loyalty.

The term "Choice Hotels" doesn't mean the same to me now as it did before staying here.

We considered leaving the night we arrived but could not find other lodging with such short notice. BTW, I believe this is the first truly negative review I have ever submitted to Trip Advisor.

Room tip: Seriously? You mean other than look elsewhere?
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bobbyodawg
Reviewed 24 July 2017

It could use some updating but for the price it was great. Drove an hour from San Clemente and save $100. It was clean and the bed was super comfortable. The pool seemed clean. The grounds could use some work but with the California sun and the recent drought they were going through, I can understand why. I would stay there again.

Room tip: Freeway runs by, so it might be a little quieter towards the street side.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2017

Location, space in room, bed comfort, bedding, working fridge and microwave in room are good about this hotel.
What is not good include, room being outdated, painting peeling off, worn out and stained carpet, old furniture, nothing in the name of breakfast.

Good for goodnight sleep. But I would prefer a different property for the price.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

great beds and good location....but rooms need new furniture and carpets....also they forgot my wake up without even offering me an excuse....very lame.....not worth it and will look elaewhere when in the area!!!!!

Date of stay: May 2017