See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I visited the lodge restuarant some years ago and I believe a guy called Azzo was manager.
The experience, food, service and value was excellent.

I visited the the lodge restuarant again last week.
What a joke. I waited 10 minutes to be seated. I waited another 15 minutes to be asked what I was ordering.
I ordered, and it took 35 minutes for the food to arrive, and guess what, it was look warm.
The waitress, a large black haired lady, rather scruffy, was rude and grabbed my plate to take it to the kitchen to warm the food up.
This was time to leave, so I did.
The experience was a disaster, I would suggest you find somewhere else to eat.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank GraciousSanFrancisco
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Went down with another couple for a nice weekend getaway. Enjoyed the facilities and grounds. The bungalos are nice and well appointed and we couldn't beat the price ($485 for 2 including 4 meals and 4 rounds of golf) The service was a little disappointing in the bar as it seemed we were treated a bit like outsiders by the bartender. Not very friendly and seemed put out by us. I've logged a few hours on a barstool so I think I am qualified to make that assesment. The restaraunt also seemed mis-managed. They seemed overwhelmed when they were 1/3 full and we were almost late for out tee time after getting there an hour before for breakfast. We ordered food on the turn (8th tee box phone) and still had to wait an additional 15 minutes for a couple BLTs at 11:30 on Sunday morning. Not good when your holding the groups behind you up.

The course is really laid out well and is very fair for the ladies as well. I'd suggest heading into "New-Town" as known by the locals and check out Griff's (BBQ) and Panini's (Italian). The food and service there was outstanding. Realy quaint town square and feels like your on the "Back to the Future" set. Overall 4 star experience for the price and amenities.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hunted466
Reviewed 5 January 2012

8 of us spent the New Year's at this resort and had a great time. The "bungalow package" included the New Year's Eve party, lodging in two 2 bedroom bungalows, and a wonderful breakfast in the restaurant. The bungalows were very comfortable and nicely appointed. Each unit had 2 nice bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Ours was very close to the clubhouse, and had a very nice view of the course. The guys started off by playing golf while the gals had lunch and did a little wine tasting and shopping in Murphys. The party was lots of fun with an incredible seafood array of appetizers, martini bar, prime rib dinner and incredible desserts. We danced to 60's music and stayed up way past midnight! We had such a good time that we're planning on coming back. Wish we had had more time there.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank travelgal061
Reviewed 11 January 2010

This is a great resort to stay at when golfing and touring the gold country. The service is first class, the food at the restuarant is above average and the rooms are very nice. I agree with someone that said if they had a jacuzzi tub instead of just a plain shower/tub combo this would be rated 5 stars. If you expect to have a hopping night life do not stay here.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Traveling_N_Golf
Reviewed 5 September 2009

Four of us had a delightful golf weekend staying at Saddle Creek in a two-bed/bath unit under one of their weekend specials, which was about $440 couple for 2 nights/4 rounds of golf. We golfed first at Greenhorn Creek in Angels Camp, and then checked into our unit for an evening on the porch full of good food, wine, and companionship. The units are very nice, wonderful actually; clean, with warm earthy tones, lots of light, nice patio with views of the golf course and plenty of seating, and good temperature control (but be aware that there is a thermostat in the master bedroom that overrides the secondary unit in the hallway). The next day we played at Saddle Creek, and had so much fun that after 18-holes and lunch (fabulous at the resort restaurant), we went out for 9-more holes. It was a great weekend, and fortunately the weather was in the low 90s, which made the August playing sensational. Overall the location, facilities, course, restaurant, and staff were exceptional. We look forward to doing this again sometime soon, although we will look for one of their coupon weekends to get the true value of this getaway.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends