“Concord”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Concord
New York City, New York
“Concord”
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I travel to the Bay Area frequently. I stayed at this hotel from September 16-19. To say the least my stay was more than adequate. My only qualm would be that on the 17 housekeeping did not tidy up the room. The continental breakfast that is offered is nothing special. It's more than adequate if you're used to the typical cereal, waffles, assorted muffins, croissants, etc. The hotel staff was friendly and pointed me in the right direction when my rental car was unable to start due to a dead battery. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Jason A
Prem C, General Manager at Days Inn Concord, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Thank you for your compliments. We will insure that your next visit is more enjoyable as well as comfortable.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed 2 December 2011

We had three NON-SMOKING rooms reserved over Thanksgiving, all with double beds. When we checked in, we were told there were only king beds left so had no choice but to take the rooms. One of the rooms smelled like someone had just been there smoking a cigarette--the odor was so strong. The manager sprayed something in the room to reduce the odor but you could still smell it. The ashes were on the table and there was also a cigarette burn. So who was in the room after the maid had cleaned? Anyway, we asked for a discount and the manager had to check with the owner! We were told he would give us the room for half price so we accepted. The next couple of hours were spent trying to find another hotel but we first had to find out if we could get out of the Days Inn reservation without a penalty. The manager told us we could but we wouldn't get a discount on the room that smelled like smoke--unacceptable! The bathroom in our room smelled like smoke as well and there was a gap under the door--same with another room we rented. The owner doesn't allow the manager to make any decisions which I think is terrible. Anyway, the owner finally agreed to the discount. We left for the Hilton and couldn't have been happier--plus, it was only $5 more a night.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank LuvTurks-Caicos
We sincerely apologize for this incident. We will insure that this situation will never occur. We accept full responsibility and would like to offer them one nite's complimentary stay on their next visit. Again, our apologies

Travellers are raving about these Concord hotels

Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We travel from the UK about three times a year to see family in the Concord area. After being closed for some time, this hotel came back under the Days Inn banner. Our booking got a bit muddled but this was soon sorted out when we arrived. The current owner, Deepti Chaudhri, and his family were very helpful. They changed our room when we complained it smelt smokey and tried to make our stay as pleasant as possible. There is now a hot and cold breakfast facility. Coffee is available all day. Close by are supermarkets, restaurants and fast food places. The beds were good and the rooms clean and tidy. Mr Chaudhri has lots of plans for further improvements, which I hope to see on my return in July (2011)

Room Tip: Not the room at the top of the stairs, smokers ga
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Thank you Thank you and Thank you for your business. We will do our best to mare your stay more enjoyable and comfortable.
Pleasant Hill, California
Reviewed 23 April 2011

I stayed here because it was "pet friendly" however when I walked into the Lobby to inquire about room availability, the Owner, Manager said he would accommodate me well, at a reduced rate for the "only room I have left which is a King bed with Jacuzzi tub." I was charged $89.00/night while apartment hunting. The room was just filthy. The Jacuzzi Tub had paint peeling from the side walls, the vanity had a major plumbing leak, the toilet clogged constantly, there was dust collected everywhere including the climate control unit...thick dirt in the filtering system and the vents thick with dirt and dust as if it had not been cleaned in months. The light switches and outlets had black fingerprints and drip marks at the entry. When I informed the owner/mgr., he said he would send someone to "make it right." I politely informed him that this room should have been cleaned before anyone checked in. I was never offered a lower price for the condition of the room. I was never offered another room. It was left uo to me to inform the mgr./owner as to weather or not I wanted to change rooms. A couple was placed next to me who couldn't get enough intimate contact where our beds shared the same wall. When I spoke to the front desk attendant the following morning, she replied "This is a Hotel ma'am we cannot control what goes on in the rooms." even after explaining to her that I was kept awake all night. This went on for two more nights. The final day was not left up to me as I was asked to leave to make room for guests who had reservations because "all daily stays were being asked to leave." I have never heard of a Motel/Hotel asking a guest to leave because they were overbooked. The owner/mgr. knew I still neded the space. I reminded him that he shouldn't rent the room out and I was willing to stay as repairs were being made. The owner/mgr. continued about his renovation plans but this did not help me. They never even updated my Wyndham Membership Card when I checked out. With two cats I left the room completely spotless.

Room Tip: Lip Service Not Real Service
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Legalnurse1102
We offer my sincere apologies and would like to offer One Nite's Complimentary Stay on our guests return visit. Please call me at my direct Cell 925-586-3601 prior to your arrival. Again we apologize for our lack in service.
San Luis Obispo, CA
Reviewed 8 March 2011

We had three rooms for a business trip on a Friday night. From the looks of the parking lot, very few rooms were occupied. However, right next to my room, they rented a room to a bunch of college aged boys who had a NOISY all night drinking, carousing, banging doors, and on and on party until 5:30am. When we complained to the front desk, after a bit someone asked the boys to be quiet, but to little effect. Alcohol is stronger. The desk personnel could certainly hear them also, the room was above them. I have seen this once before (elsewhere) - that hotel called the cops and threw them out. Otherwise, the rooms were small, dated, but comfortable. Good beds. Breakfast was skimpy on food, fruit was bruised, rotten on bottom.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank SLOVic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
2.5 km away
9.0 km away
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
#1 of 5 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Days Inn Concord? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK