“Good choice for a weekend ”

Crowne Plaza Concord
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We had reserved two nights at this suburban hotel. Check in was simple and friendly. Our room was in the last wing and on the top floor (3rd). This hotel is located next to a small suburban airport, which is fairly busy. You should be aware that airplane noise is possible during most of the day. Having said that, the room was clean the beds were comfortable and the amenities in the room were fine. There was a small refrigerator and coffee maker. They could use more plug outlets for charging devices. We had to leave unexpectedly after one night and the hotel very kindly refunded our prepaid 2nd night even though they weren’t obligated to. Very nice!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Service was courtesy was excellent beautiful calming place nice koi pond shopping nearby airport behind plaza nice to sit watch planes taking off.. trader joes near walkable .. home away from home home just 8 miles away just just enjoy time alone with hubby and crowne plaza the place to be..

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2017

Check in to check out all friendly. Trying to make the check out time and not be charged a extra day I left my next days clothing in the room. Called that day and ask them to check my room. They not only found my items and the Manager called me back, and mailed me my items. Excellant service. Yes I will stay at the Crowne plaza on my next trip to Concord.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 26 October 2017

I booked the hotel on Expedia and there was no mention that my room would be literally 30 feet from an AIRPORT! It's a private airport apparently but my window faces the airport. The noise is unreal. Last night I heard an plane leaving past 10:00pm and was awoken this morning at 7:15am with planes taking off. I've been trying to work in my room during the day the again, all I hear are engines of the planes. When I checked in, the hotel staff did NOT warn me that there would this much noise. Otherwise, I would have asked to be moved. Had I known this would have been the case I would NOT have booked this hotel in the first place. I spoke to someone after the first night and they couldn't change rooms as they were fully booked. After the second night, I spoke to the manager on duty during the day but he was rude. I asked for a discount in the room rate or credit in food but was told there was nothing he could do. He asked if I wanted to change rooms but I've totally unpacked after sleeping 2 nights already so I didn't want to bother for the last night. The manager hardly cared that the noise bothered me. He even went so far as to say that people actually request to face the airport....right, as if that makes any sense that people want to hear engine noises during their stay. Not what I had expected with this place or from an IHG property. I WOULD THINK TWICE WITH STAYING HERE IF YOU WANT TO RELAX AND GET A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP!

Room Tip: Get a room not facing the airport
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Dear allingoodtime2017,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean, and superior accommodations. I am pleased to see you have rated the cleanliness above average. However, we are genuinely sorry your stay was negatively affected due to the noise challenges. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon and be of further assistance.

Grace P.
Case Manager

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Leisure trip for a Delta fishing trip. I've stayed at several hotels in this area and I feel the Crowne Plaza was worth the money paid. It does need some upgrading, but all in all, everything was in working order and clean. Convenient to most anything you need. Never felt unsafe and noise was not a problem. Friendly staff and met needs as expected.

Room Tip: Stayed in a ground floor room facing the back parking lot. Parking was convenient and not crowded. N...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
1.1 km away
7.6 km away
Walnut Creek Marriott
Walnut Creek Marriott
#2 of 7 in Walnut Creek

Been to Crowne Plaza Concord? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.