All reviews western heritage room was clean concord pavilion nice place to stay convenient location stayed one night hot tub free breakfast yogurt bw pets microwave lodging california
Reviewed 27 August 2018

We stayed here for a total of 5 nights as we moved our son to the area. We had a double queen room on first floor. It was clean & beds were comfy. There was a loud noise in the wall which woke me up twice during our first night. I mentioned to desk & was told maintenance would look at it. Well, it continued but we just got used to it. My husband is a plumber & said it was pipes in the wall but it was quite loud. There are restaurants close by. It has outside entrances to the rooms & the rooms go all the way around the pool which was also nice. Our room was recently refurbished & the decor was great (new carpet & decor). The breakfast area was not the cleanest, the waffle iron had dough scraped from the iron all around it during our entire stay. There were times when things were not restocked timely (utensils & OJ gone 2 days).

Room Tip: maybe the 2nd floor rooms would be quieter if no noisy pipes
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2018

We stayed for the location, to visit family in Concord. It's on a main street with lots of options for markets and restaurants nearby. However, for the price, we were disappointed in the low quality.

The room was very dated, patches and repairs made roughly. However, it did have a bed, AC, hot water, and a small refrigerator. The room was a good size.

The room was not very clean when we arrived. There were candy wrappers in the corner of the room, and they weren't ours.

The basic toiletries you expect for the price we paid were a joke. There was a dispenser of body wash, and one of shampoo in the shower. That's all. Not even a bar of soap by the sink to wash your hands. When we called, we were told you were supposed to walk to the shower and use the body wash. Really?

The rooms are noisy. The ones facing the interior pool have noise from dozens of screaming kids in the unheated pool. Rooms facing out to the parking lot - well the parking lot didn't appear that quiet or safe. At one time multiple police cars were there dealing with some issue.

The complimentary breakfast was the basic breakfast we expected, no complaints there.

If you are looking for the absolute basics - just a place to sleep and take a shower - and bring your own bar of soap, you'll do okay.

Overall, it was a room we would have expected if paying $40/night, not over $100.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
HeritageHG, General Manager at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Hi CarolSLC,
I'm sad to hear that things didn't go down as you expected. This is not by any means reflective of our standards of service and customer satisfaction.
We are already working on tackling the problem as I write this, and Hope that you will give us another chance and book again.
Looking forward to meeting and exceeding your expectations in future.

Sincerely
Management.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

We've had 5 nights here at the start of our trip away from the bustle of the City. The room is large and clean. A preference would be for more hooks and rails to put wet towels and swimmers on.
The pool is clean although cold.
There is a Nation Burgers on the corner which is handy plus lots of restaurants and shops around.
A good choice at breakfast.
Parking is good. Wi-Fi speed excellent. Quiet.
We have been visiting local breweries/taphouses and there is an excellent place just opened down the road called the Concord Taphouse.
All in all, happy with our stay.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I stayed here with family while attending a concert at the Concord Pavilion. It was about 10 minutes away, so very conveniently located and an easy drive or Uber/Lyft ride away. We had a room with 2 beds. The room we stayed in was so run down, I'm not sure if it was indicative of what the rest of the rooms are like. It was not what I would expect from the Best Western brand. The room was old and and smelled of cigarettes and marijuana. There was a huge stain on the ottoman which was pretty gross. The shower had mildew on the curtain. The lock on the window had been broken off. We called the front desk and a maintenance man arrived within seconds to fix it. The ladies working at the front desk were amazing, very nice and customer service oriented, as was the maintenance man. We slept in and did not eat the free breakfast that came with our stay. Not sure I would stay here again. I was definitely disappointed in the quality of the accommodations.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

First, I almost never submit negative reviews but in this case I thought others should know that this hotel doesn't live up to the Best Western name and has now led me to question that standard. It does have a lovely outdoor pool area. The room we were given, however, was in pretty bad shape. I'm not finicky or used to high-end accommodations, but I had trouble with the worn, sticky-in-places carpet, the badly repaired bathroom floor and wall (grout and plaster slapped on), and the fact that both the shower and sink had hot and cold reversed, something easily fixed. The whole room felt dingy, worn, and uncared for.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
BestWesternHotels, Corporate at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

We are sorry to hear that your recent stay with us did not exceed your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to make improvements to offer guests a better experience in the future. We hope you will give us another chance and stay with us again. -Best Western Hotels & Resorts