“Decent hotel”

Americas Best Value Inn Concord
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

The hotel was decent it was clean, not really updated and the tv kept acting weird but all around if you needed a last minute room this is perfect. The front desk employee was kind of rude but he was still helpful.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Raven P

Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

Do not use this hotel!!!! They charged us 3 times and insisted that they did not. Our bank said differently. Upon speaking with the manager/owner they were not helpful at all with trying to resolve the problem. They do not run a good business!!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank ahollinger
Reviewed 17 February 2016

Owned and operated by a husband/wife team who have no idea what is meant by hospitality. Should have hung up when they were difficult to deal with on the phone and even worse to deal with in person. They cancelled our reservation upon arrival (at 10pm after a 12 hr drive) because we dared to ask for a copy of the receipt for their last minute $75 "room deposit". Look at other reviews before you waste time here and you will see this is a long-standing problem.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Buddhaweasel
Reviewed 17 February 2016

The people running the hotel are the meanest people I've met in the industry. After requesting them give me something with the rate of the room and policy around the "$75 deposit" that was being held they refused to even write it on a paper for me. I finally was told to leave, "they obviously couldn't help me". I was being checked out as they spoke the words, even as I told them, no, it was 10:30pm. They told me to find another place to stay, they couldn't help me, they checked me out and I needed to leave. I never raised my voice and I was met with "No. Get lost." Makes me wonder if this is a front for something nefarious as they obviously didn't care about keeping a paying customer who only wanted a copy of their deposit policy.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank S_Heartsong
Reviewed 7 February 2016 via mobile

Yes I know it's super bowl and they hiked the price way up. I know also we were lucky to have a room but that was really bad. Old..old doors. Bathroom door had hole in it. Lighting fixture had loose switches and bedding was lacking even a thick cover sheet. All in all don't do it unless your like me have no choice.. ugh

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family