“Great Anniversary dinner”
Review of City Hotel

City Hotel
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$ 19 - US$ 31
Description: Fine dining in an historic gold rush setting. New owners as of June 2015.
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Great restaurant. First ate here 27 years ago when it was a training facility for a culinary school. I understand it has had different owners in the past years, but the current owner is doing a fantastic job. Everything was delicious, fresh and full of flavor. We visited here on our 40th wedding anniversary and we were delighted with everything. The staff was great, friendly and warm and the food was fantastic. We both had the chicken marsala. This the best chicken marsala I have ever had, hands down. Salad and bread were fresh. Don't skip the desserts either. My wife had the creme brulee, I had the chocolate ho ho. Both desserts were delicious. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone interested in great food. We happened to be here on a night they had a live trio to entertain us through dinner. The name of the group was "Sequoia" i believe. This was a perfect night for us, great food and service, great entertainment. An even better surprise was when I asked for the bill and was told two of our daughters had called the restaurant to establish the payment of our bill. So our special night was made even better when our daughters paid for it.

1  Thank unionguyCalifornia

Reviewed 24 July 2017

The steak was the best my husband ever had. My Greek salad was delicious. The waitress was very friendly and the service was great.

1  Thank weyesowl
Reviewed 23 July 2017

We stayed in Columbia for three nights, and had dinner here on two of those nights. I wish I could remember what I ate at this late date, but it was some of the best I've ever eaten.

The restaurant is on the bottom floor of an old hotel, which is gorgeous and well kept up. For a real treat, leave some room for a sasparilla float after dinner.

1  Thank Retrohippie
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

This former biker bar has a lot of character. The menu consist of some salads and a variety of pizza and calzones. My husband and I and his brother and my sister-in-law have been there a couple of times. It's not a bad place for some character in Columbia. I don't drink so the bar part doesn't really pertain to me that my Brother and sister in law like having a beer with their pizza.

George S, Owner at City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

I'm afraid you are reviewing a different business other than the City Hotel Restaurant. The City Hotel is a restaurant of the gold rush era and does not serve any pizza's or calzones. There is another business in Columbia that serves pizza's.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

Its overall OK , appetizers truffle fries were good a little too much salt and I love salt. the pork chop was a little over done , the special rib eye was order medium and received RARE, like I took it home and cooked in the frying pan for breakfast and it was perfect. my wifes wine did not get brought until after we were done eating.
Although I do thing I might try it again this visit missed the mark

George S, Owner at City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2017

Very sorry for your dining experience the other day. Anytime there is a problem please let your server know and we will make it right. If you don't say anything we have no idea of these problems so we encourage you to speak up, good or bad. Hope your next experience will be much better.