Eagle and Rose Inn
Hotwire.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 August 2015

I had never heard of Cobb, California, but we were making a trip to see friends who live there, and if you love beautiful, tree lined, winding roads, you will love this area. The little blue car on our GPS was turning in circles, and I'm glad we were driving it in the summer and not winter.
Eagle and Rose is tucked into a curve in the road and has two long rows of rooms. While ours was on the road side of the complex, it was still quiet. The room was clean and comfortable with a small porch on the back side. The owner was sweet and very accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 366SandyM
Reviewed 29 July 2015 via mobile

The staff was great. My room was clean but very dated. Had a fridge and microwave. The biggest down fall was the wifi was not strong enough to put out a good enough signal to the other side of the parking lot where I stayed. I came here for my mothers funeral. There is no cell service on Cobb Mountain unless you have Verizon and att is spotty I am told. I have sprint so I was cut off when I need directions since the wifi didn't work. You are hard pressed to find a place to eat on a Monday. But it was nice and quiet and very much the small town life. The pool was freezing cold but I took a dip anyways.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank tamis62
Reviewed 2 June 2015

Me and my husband have been staying there for years. Very nice staff. Great hospitality, always checked up on us to make sure we had everything we needed. Yes maybe not up to date. But a great stay at a quiet place. The kitty's are absolutely adorable. Overall a very great stay! Definitely love staying here.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Taylor R
Reviewed 25 May 2015

I stayed here for one night with my 2 children, 7 and 4 years old. The floor clearly hadn't been vacuumed, one of the knobs on the seriously outdated air conditioner didn't work, so there was little control over air flow. There was no tub, only a shower that misted at you. Unable to change the direction on the shower head which was pointed at the wall, so washing my 2 kids was an adventure. Owner had a Chihuahua that was always running around the property and clearly NOT friendly, even tried to bite me while I was getting my kids out of the car. Because there is no cell service, my husband had to call our room phone. When he got the front desk, he asked for me by name and said "room 26" instead of "extension 26". Instead of helping in anyway, she simply said there is no room 26 and hung up on him. In the middle of the night, I dropped my phone and it went under the bed. When I went to grab it, I was greeted by huge, dead bugs and plastic toothpicks. Oh, and I did try to call the front desk for help with something and couldn't get a hold of anyone. Also, when I took my shower and the water started hitting the door a little, dirt and muck started pouring from the runner of the glass door. The wi-fi also does not work at all. I am currently working to try and get a portion of my money back because that room was NOT worth what I pad.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The good:
Very nice staff
Cute cats all around
Large room with coffee, microwave, frig, HDTV.
The bad:
No NET, unless you go outside and stand on your head, no cell service, no phone in the room, no hot water in bathroom sink and the shower valve almost came off. Takes awhile to figure out the temp in the shower before is mists you. Yes mists you. This place brings a new meaning to "conserve water". Sink? Really? The water dribbles out of the faucet at the rate of a cup a minute.
We will not stay here again. We will spend the extra $20, drive 15 minutes, and deal with the smoke at the casino. I HATE cigarettes.
The staff was very nice.

Room Tip: Look around the place to select a room you like. it's a very small place, maybe 20 rooms but some are upstairs.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family