“Nice pool, nice room, rude cocktail waitress & bartender”

Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Coarsegold
Sacramento, California
“Nice pool, nice room, rude cocktail waitress & bartender”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The Hotel was very nice, I was pleased with the room (just the regular room) big comfortable, clean, on the luxurious side even...nice extras like q-tips. Bath tub was nice (not a Jacuzzi tub but big enough and new to where I was not cringing...(the remodeled side don’t know how the old side is)...Kind of reminded me of the Lake Tahoe area hotels...It had the Woodsy feel of the Sierra Nevada with its décor all around...but overall it was very nice...I won a plus bath robe and a t-shirt quite easily thru the players club. Checked out the swimming pool indoor/outdoor...very fun looking and nice. The only ugly part was the Asian Cocktail waitress and the bartender were extremely rude and I complained to the head of security...he went to talk to them don't know how it turned out because I was done with them and called it a night...Upon check out the attendant was not familiar with their procedure (and her sup. was not there yet) to apply any comps that I may have earned, so I guess it was just too bad for me on that one as I had to leave. But, over all I really liked the hotel and the pit boss by the roulette table had great customer service!! Enjoyed the gaming. 03/13/12..

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for the updated rooms (also that side is close to the pool) and they do have a gove...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank dreamingofvegas
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We drove down from San Jose to celebrate my girlfriend's dad's birthday. We got a nice room with two queen beds and a great view of the countryside. This casino is large enough to make you feel like your not just seeing the same thing over and over. The buffet is huge and the food is good. We also had my girlfriend's little sisters who were able to play at the arcade and the pool :) The service was great as well from the check in to the bell staff.

Room Tip: Try the mongolian style beef at the buffet !!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank nkdsurfer
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Chukchansi isn't a bad place to spend a few hours. I ate here and played the slots a little. The buffet was good, decently priced & the people were friendly. Slot play was okay.

Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
San Luis Obispo, California
Reviewed 9 December 2011

My room was spacious, clean and well decorated - just disappointed the windows are sealed shut - no chance of fresh air in a facility with smoking rampant throughout the casino. On my second night, I asked to change to a room adjoining a friend's - and that became overly complicated - I saw that the previous occupant had vacated early AM, the maid finished cleaned the room by around 10:00 a.m. as I told her I would be moving into it - but the front desk couldn't seem to communicate with housekeeping and I couldn't get access until almost 3:00. This should have been easier.

Excellent meals - great prime rib at Goldfield's Cafe at a great price, plus great value for a nice breakfast. Also ate one night at Nativo's - food and service were excellent - great grilled salmon - and the fresh baked bread was wonderful.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Fresno, California
Reviewed 17 November 2011

This was a return trip the hotel,since our last review. I have to say I was very impressed with the front desk staff. The young man was very helpful and accommodating compared to the previous stay. They gave us the pick of the floor (maybe due to low occupancy) in the Picayune Tower.
I was not happy with the lack of engineering to fix or correct the heating issue in the room. Food was good as usual and the machines were hitting which is a change. I paid cash deposit for the room and got the deposit back the next day. All in All great stay. No real complaints.

Room Tip: Ask for nail correction at the spa salon for 5.00 and request access to the sauna and steam room not...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coarsegold
14.6 km away
13.3 km away
Chateau du Sureau
Chateau du Sureau
#1 of 9 in Oakhurst

Been to Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK