“Never thought I'd find a place like this in Clovis!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Fresno Clovis

Fairfield Inn & Suites Fresno Clovis
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Clovis
Redondo Beach, California
“Never thought I'd find a place like this in Clovis!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

Very clean, helpful staff - especially Blanca and Nick who went out of their way to make everything perfect. If I ever wind up in Clovis again this would be my FIRST choice.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

The hotel itself was surrounded by weedy, unattractive fields. The room felt barren because there was not one piece of art on the walls and there was a big patch of paint on the ceiling that didn't match the rest of the paint, looked tacky. I couldn't figure out the air conditioning system because the controls were on the wall, though there were controls (non-functioning) on the unit and no sign directing me to the controller on the opposite end of the room. The air conditioning unit was also loud. I only made it to breakfast the last half hour and they were out of eggs and I had to make due with a pre-packaged egg -in-a-pita. It was pretty bad. Last of all, the cups used for water in the room were of a very flimsy plastic, something I might expect in a Motel 6, not a Marriott. For $165, in CLOVIS, I expected a much nicer stay. Wouldn't recommend this place, unless they dropped the price by quite a lot.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
FairfieldInnandSuite, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fresno Clovis, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Dear Gwen H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear about your experience while you stayed with us. I apologize for the issues that you experienced in your room with the air conditioning unit and the thermostat, our maintenance department will be making sure that all of our air conditioning units are labelled to advise guests that the thermostat to control the unit is on the entry way wall and I will provide your feedback to Marriott regarding the in room plastic cups.

I apologize also that there were no eggs left when you came down for breakfast, I will be investigating this to ensure that it does not happen again.

We are in contact with the City of Clovis regarding the weedy fields, unfortunately we don't own the land and with the economic downtown there has not been alot of land development in the area surrounding the hotel.

I believe that when you stayed with us there was very high demand for hotel rooms and therefore the price of a room was higher than usual, on weekends our rooms are usually $109 per night.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Orange County
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I stayed there for 3 weeks for work and "Rolinda" at the front desk, always brighten my day with her "Good Morning Ms.______" she was awesome among everybody. I would stay there again because of the great customer service I recieved.

The only thing that was bit bortheredsome was the "Room Key", it forever took me to get in the room because the key would not work.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FairfieldInnandSuite, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fresno Clovis, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Dear 818love2travel,

Thank you for your review and feedback!! It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Rolinda and the team gave you such great service. I appreciate the feedback regarding the room key and apologize for the inconvenience this must have caused, I will have our maintenance team look into this right away. We look forward to having you stay with us when you are next in Clovis!
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Spent the weekend in Fresno at a sporting event at the SaveMart Center. Found this hotel to be real convenient, less than 4 miles away and 5 minutes. Stayed on points. Everyone here was exceptionly friendly, and went out of their way to help. Probably, one of the best Marriott properties I've stayed at, and most have been good. If there was anything I'd dock this place on, it would be the showerhead. It's the typical watersaver, but they're everywhere now.

Room Tip: We stayed in a back room, but, don't know if it matters; the hotel sits back from the road, and...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jimdo
Dear Jimdo,

Thank you for your great review and positive feedback, we are all thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our hotel is one of the best Marriott properties that you have ever stayed at!! I will be looking into options regarding the showerheads when we do our next renovation, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Have a great day and we look forward to seeing you again when you are next in Clovis!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

First impressions matter, right? Well I liked what I seen right when I walked into the lobby area. Everything seemed bright and fresh. The decor was nice and up to date. There is fresh water with cucumber on the way to the elevator and I thought that was a very nice touch and it tastes great. There is plenty of lounging areas throughout the hotel. The room was spotless and no weird smells as I've encountered from other hotels. The bed was very comfortable and I felt it was clean enough for me to sleep without a barrier between me and the linens. It was even clean enough for me to walk around barefooted! That says a lot for me. The breakfast was very good. There's a wide range of things to choose from. the sausage, eggs and bagel was pretty good. I was surprised by that. The only problem I encountered was a baby crying loudly all night but the gave us a new room the next day. Also, they have a mormom bible which I found very strange but atleast they still have the real Bible. Overall, this stay was great and I will be happy to come back anytime.

• Stayed March 2012