“Best stay ever”

Best Western El Grande Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Clearlake
Reviewed 3 June 2011

I stayed at the Best Western El Grande Inn With my family last month and we had a fantastic time. They have a beautiful Hotel with wonderful staff! They have an on site restaurant and Lounge. The food was delicious, and the wait staff were exceptional. I fully recommend this Hotel to anyone staying in the Lake County area!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Best Western El Grande Inn

Reviewed 28 May 2011

This hotel has shown signs of aging. I stayed here for 3 months, and I have witnessed the aging process. It constantly needed maintenance and there were always numerous problems involving the heater and air conditioner. Either the heater was off during one of the coldest nights (it kept me up all night then I was able to crawl out of bed, the thermometer read 53 degrees!) or the air conditioner was off when the temperature peaked into the 80s outside. There were also problems with the water pressure and temperature; several mornings I woke up with no heated water and the low water pressure caused me longer showers in double time. Not to mention most of the front desk staff were quite rude and unprofessional. They seemed to be always playing games in the computer that they did not even recognize or greet guests who came in and out of the entrance. I even saw one staff walking out of one of the hotel rooms and admitted she was watching TV in the room while new customers were waiting for her at the front desk to check in. I was going to give this review a one star, but one particular front desk staff, Jennifer, has saved the day. She has always gone out of her way to help me and other guests. I have seen her constantly busy walking around the facility, knocking on rooms to bring items, and had been respectful and light-hearted to customers. She had never forgotten my name, and I am surprised to see her addressed customers by their first name. How can she remember? I think that this Best Western could use more staff like Jennifer. By the way, for the 3-month period I stayed at this hotel, I was not granted my points. I called the 800 number who told me that points do depend on the hotel to grant it, and this particular hotel denied me points for my 3-month of stay stating because my rates were discounted in prices. I did not know this specific policy exist. I travel for work, and I have stayed in lots of hotels from east to west coast. They all have granted me points for stay without any problem even when I had discounted corporate rates from my company. This is the first time points were not granted for my stay and it happened at this Best Western hotel. Please be careful of their points reward system; it is a big scam. Jennifer, thank you for making my Best Western stay at least a little doable.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Very nice layout with big central court. Neighborhood is run down with dumpster-divers outside our room. Ants found a discarded apple core which was disconcerting. Breakfast was not included and was expensive and un-appetizing at the restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mylesclough
Reviewed 7 September 2010

This was a cool motel, the whole inside is open to a large atrium that looks down three floors. The bed was good, several pillows and decent linens. When we stayed there , the place was nearly empty which made it a little eerie. We were guessing the hotel was made in the 70's or 80's... Room was clean , pool and hot tub were dirty! I liked the motel , the area's suffering though which is a shame. If I was staying in Clearlake again I would stay there , but it wouldn't be a destination for me.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2010

The AC has obviously been an issue for a while due to the fact that I could write an identical story to the previous review (and it is now 2 weeks later). The AC does not work and the room was 85 degrees, miserable. I would not suggest booking in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearlake
2.7 km away
27.1 km away
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#2 of 7 in Lakeport

Been to Best Western El Grande Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK