US$ 164
US$ 152
US$ 78
US$ 71
Priceline
Vista del Lago Lakehouse and Cottages(Clearlake)(Great Value!)
US$ 78
Lake Point Lodge ClearLake Oaks(Clearlake Oaks)(Great Value!)
US$ 97
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$ 85
Agoda.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 September 2014

I only give this place a one star because it accepted pets --HOWEVER I would have rather slept in a tent than sleep here! What a crock! Filthy horrible place --probably THE DIRTIEST place I've ever stayed in. I would never recommend this to anyone and certainly would NEVER stay here again!

I booked the cottage online because the cottages looked clean and cute (warning---THE PHOTOS ON THE WEB LOOK NOOOOTHINNNNGGGG like the cottage(s)...even surrounding the cottages..the water is low and the property is not green...no grass...etc. etc. resort??? that's a joke and misrepresentation for darn sure!).

It was late when we checked in (11 p.m.) and I should have known when we approached the cottage and the rusted ripped screen/broken door almost caught my shirt. I was shocked when we entered the kitchen and felt like we were walking up on a slant to the bedroom (cottage slanted badly to the right). Old ugly chair...bedroom smelled moldy. The bathroom was ok, but resembled an old rundown motel---loaded with cobwebs.

I pulled the bedsheets back and omggggg...dirty..I couldn't believe it, but we were so tired we just got our pillows and blankets from the car and threw them on top of the bed.

The next morning we were flabbergasted at the cobwebs..INSIDE THE COTTAGE EVERYWHERE AND OUTSIDE GALORE..and I had many MANY BITES all over my hands, arms and feet. Just a dump. But we were attending a family gathering and needed a place to stay and would be out of the cottage until that night. How we stayed there AGAIN another night I'm not sure..just desperate I guess for a place for the pets on short notice ANNNNNNDDDD she ran our credit card the moment we checked in (almost $300 for two nights...I should have asked for a discount, but I couldn't even bring her the key at check out..my husband did because I knew I wouldn't be able to hold my anger with her). She is an older woman --yes, but she milks that as one reviewer commented. She gave us a song and dance --how tired she is...she does all the work herself...she's OLD and TIRED...even at check in..I should have ran for the hills!

I would NEVER use the kitchen. Dust and grunge and cobwebs on the menu? The floors looked like they weren't cleaned in years..again I can't reiterate enough about the dirt and cobwebs EVERYWHERE. The carpets were absolutely putrid and looked like they hadn't been cleaned in years either.

To sum it up? the cottage looked like a place you would find in the middle of the forest that had been abandoned and saw much better better days...now taken over by MANY MANY spiders and bugs.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family