“Got sushi?”

King Kong Sushi
Ranked #72 of 146 Restaurants in Claremont
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 11 July 2017

One of the best hole in the wall sushi spots on the east end. Delicious sushi, yellow tail and albacore, did I mention with a purchase of your first Asahi beer you get your second Asahi beer for half price. A nice place to catch a game or pull up a chair at the sushi bar and enjoy watching your favorite dishes prepared in front of you. They also serve chicken , steak, soups, and salads if sushi is not your cup of tea. Happy hour all day long.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

You may ask, if you have a seafood allergy, why would you eat at this place? Well,I like the non seafood options like a cucumber or avocado roll, katsu, soup and salad... there are lots of options besides fish. They used to be very accommodating and when I first started going there, the manager made it a point to tell me that it was not a problem to leave out the seafood from things like my order of tempura (all veggie) or the California roll (sans crab), but the current staff does not feel that way. I went in with my husband a couple weeks ago for lunch. The server would not allow me to order the lunch special if I wanted to leave out the seafood. What?? All I wanted to do was leave out the crab in the California roll. It had never been a problem before, after all, I am allergic to seafood and I wasn't asking for extra of the other items, just to leave out the crab or imitation crab (made of cod). He would not budge and got really rude about it. At that point, we decided to leave. There are too many other places that don't mind accommodating me, I won't be coming back.

The place was empty, too. I wonder if the service is the reason.

Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

Our family of six went here tonight. We had all you can eat sushi and the kids had teriyaki bowls. The service was wonderful and our waiter Joon was top notch. He helped us right away, delivered our food as soon as it was up and checked on us periodically. He was very nice and we enjoyed our time here. The food was good. The kids loved their teriyaki bowls and we enjoyed our sushi. It was fresh and good. The Tempura Philadelphia Roll was amazing.

Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

Extremely nice and friendly service. There was a large assortment of choices and the sushi was pretty good. There is unique music and decor, making it an interesting place to come, and there are two big flat screen Tvs. Our order came quickly, but one roll did not stay together very well as we tried to pick it up, but still tasted delicious. We also ordered the Uni which was not very fresh and looked as if it had been made in a rush compared to the other dishes. But other than this we left happy, satisfied, and full!

Reviewed 16 February 2016

I was not aware that they tend to pack the different sushi orders together. The problem we had was they mixed the vegetarian orders with shell fish orders. One of our guest had a severe allergy to shell fish so they were not able to eat any of the vegetarian dishes we ordered. Plus, they did not give us the cucumber roll we ordered even though we were charged for it.