“Very comfortable way to get well”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Private Room, 18 Bathrooms, Sleeps 36
Pothencode, Thiruvananthapuram District, Kerala

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 17 reviews

Reviews from our community

Krystyna...
“Very comfortable way to get well”
Reviewed 21 August 2019 for a stay in July 2019
people found this review helpful

In the middle of the forest on the top of the hill under very good care of Mrs Dr Maya and her assistance I spend 3 weeks in this very well managed health center, clean with good Indian food.
Daily treatments and consultation with the doctors gave me impression of being in a good competent hands, combing western and Ayurvedic medicine.
Dr. Maya lectures on Ayurveda and her spiritual approach to science was very impressive. I must mentioned also the yoga class every morning - a right balance for
advanced and new practitioners - thanks for that.
Even so far from Europe is worth to stay there.
Thank you for the good treatments and nice stay
Krystyna

Date of stay: July 2019
29 Jan 2020
Dear Krystyna, Thanks for your kind words. You are a wonderful soul. It was a real pleasure to serve you. Love from all of us at Dharma!
Tour33898
Sammamish, Washington
“Ayurveda center”
Reviewed 27 February 2019 for a stay in February 2019

It is beautiful quite place in hills. All is nice, clean. Food is as need it to be for treatments. Tastes great. People sweet, gladly in your service! I will return!!

Date of stay: February 2019
29 Jan 2020
Dear Zorka, Thanks for your kind words. Warm greetings from all of us at AyurMana!
Quest8247...
“Got my mother back, walking again!”
Reviewed 18 February 2019 for a stay in December 2018
person found this review helpful

Ayurmana is an amazing healing centre. Genuinely devoted physicians and staff, who sincerely care for you. So different from today's commercial establishments. Felt like a second home. My mother was having age related knee arthritis and couldnt walk without our assistance since a few years. Six weeks treatment at ayurmana changed everything. Now she doesnt even like us to hold or be near her while she is walking. I am so thankful to everyone at ayurmana. It gave me immense satisfaction that I could gift my mother this treatment and get her back walking and so happy.

Date of stay: December 2018
29 Jan 2020
Dear Chinmai, Thanks for your kind words of appreciation. It was our pleasure to serve your lovely mother. Please convey our greetings to her!
GurpreetK...
New Delhi, India
“Optimism, Liveliness, Inner Exploration”
Reviewed 22 December 2018 for a stay in September 2018
people found this review helpful

I want to start with a Thank you to Ayurmana, for guiding me on path to self treatment and recovery from my medical condition.
I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis(MS) in Oct 2016, i got first relapse of Optic Neuritis resulting in loss of vision in my right eye.
Neurologist told me that it is a chronic disease (MS) and at that time i had no clue about it. Treatment started with intravenous steroids which recovered my vision but it was only for Optic neuritis. For MS doctors suggested to start treatment with DMD's, but they did explained side-effects (quite strong) of treatment.. Instead was on homeopathic treatment for almost 1.5 years when in may 2017, i got the second relapse in same eye (same loss of vision in right eye). Post relapse, same set of treatment (steroids) was repeated and vision recovered, though it took more time than before because of repeated attack on same nerve and eye.

This was the time when i was broken from inside because doctors had stated this disease is not curable, and had strongly recommend to start allopathic treatment. Knowing the side-effects of allopathic treatment with DMD's, We (me and my husband) decided to explore something in ayurveda. We came up with ayurmana and started our first communication by sharing the reports through email. We got a fast reply from Dr. Jayaprakash and discussed about possible treatment. After Initial discussions with doctors at Ayurmana which was quite convincing made us confident to take next steps with faith in ayurveda.

We were welcomed with pre-planned arrangements (room, facility) and in no time my treatment plan was ready for next 6 weeks. The treatment plan is custom made for patient, based on there condition. Day starts with Yoga (the best part of day), followed up with oil bath massages (specific to treatment/condition) and later with food and medicines prepared at the place with natural herbs for individual need. Place is very calm and located on outskirts of city (through easily reachable), coccooned in nature, also helps to enhance your recovery and treatment. Place is safe to stay alone as well. During the treatment, aim was to start on path of self recovery and treatment, with support of ayurveda. I completed my 6 week stay at Ayurmana, with very good and strong memories and deep faith in ayurveda towards self healing.. and left the place with faith in ayurveda and myself.

I would like to make special thanks to entire staff, Jayashree, Dr. Divya, Dr. Maya, Dr Anjali for all the support and counselling..

Date of stay: September 2018
22 Dec 2018
Dear Gurpreet Kaur, Thank you for your kind review. It was a pleasure to serve you. Love from all of us at Dharma.
Monicavil
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“A Life Changing Experience”
Reviewed 4 November 2018 for a stay in September 2018
person found this review helpful

I just returned from a six weeks treatment at Ayurmana that was a life-changing experience. When we decide to take an Ayurvedic treatment for an autoimmune problem, we need to go prepared to change our lifestyle and embrace the changes, even if they initially appear to be unpleasant (like giving up sugar, alcohol, gluten, dairy). I have a virus called HTLV1, which affects my neurological capabilities, and initially was misdiagnosed as MS due to the symptom’s similarities. Fortunately, a few years ago I finally discovered that it was a Virus and that there is no cure or real treatment for it. I tried the allopathic medicine taking high doses of cortisone which it did not work. My main problem is related to walking, as my legs do not respond naturally to my commands, and I had a lot of falls walking. I arrived in Ayurmana walking with a stick. Not only that when I arrived at Ayurmana I was in very bad shape from a cold I got on the flight and bruises that I had on my legs from a bad fall on the week of my trip. Little by little they cured all my problems with their magical treatments. After the second week of treatment, I already started to feel my leg different, it was like they were waking up to life again. My left foot that was turned to the inside got back into a straight direction and I just started to walk better. Initially, it was not easy for me to adapt to the vegetarian food and I did not know how to eat it properly, but after one of the Doctors explained to me how to eat it, I ate everything. I learned to eat foods that I did not like before, I learned to drink warm water and now I only like to drink warm water. During my six weeks at Ayurmana I felt very happy, a sense of peace and fulfillment took over me. I was happy to sleep early and wake up before sunrise to go to yoga. The entire team at Ayurmana was great, they were always super attentive to our needs. Therapist were all wonderful, the staff in the kitchen, the doctors, the yoga teacher, the cleaners and the driver, they were all super caring. We (myself and other patients) also received a super special attention from the Senior Doctor who gave us several classes on how to behave upon our return home, and how to continue the treatment at home. The stay at Ayurmana is just an initiation on a new lifestyle through the Ayurvedic medicine principles. One needs to embrace it in order to have long-term results. So far, I’m very happy with my results and I’m looking forward to a healthy and strong life with the tools that I acquired during my treatment at Ayurmana. Thank you very much to all the staff who assisted me in this process.

Date of stay: September 2018
22 Dec 2018
Dear Monica, Thank you for taking the time to review. It was such a pleasure to host you and be of service. Love from all of us at Dharma.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.