“Great food and attentive staff”

El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 32
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant is family owned and operated for over 32 years. All of our family recipes are made from scratch, and we have no cans in the kitchen. We would like to invite all friends and family to come and enjoy our Authentic Mexican Cuisine. Some of our signature dishes include Molcajete, Carne Asada, and Fajitas. We offer a full service bar to complement your meal with a beverage of your choice, and complete your meal with one of our fantastic desserts. When you walk into our restaurant you are going to notice our fine decor with hand painted murals and fine Mexican art. Our clientele includes business people for lunch, families for dinner, everyone is welcome here. If you would like to enjoy some fantastic family recipes for lunch or dinner, we hope you stop by at El Tapatio and we will take great care of you.
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Well decorated and pleasant staff. Had a great lunch time meal. Chips and salsa were provided like most places as an appetizer, both had very good taste. Meals were served quickly and the staff were quick to attend to needs. Had a great meal and would return without hesitation.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

This is the place that replaced El Torito on Sunrise Boulevard. I wasn't sure what to expect, but we went to El Torito quite a bit and were willing to take a chance on another Mexican food spot. We liked it a lot. The food is good, the service is good, and the portions are big. Lots of choices - big menu. Bring an appetite when you go to El Tapatio!

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Nice decor, service is great. Go early in the evening otherwise can get crowded.

Have great selection of drinks.

Great for families too if you must!

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

The ambience of this place is awesome. The food is very good- the best in the Sacramento area. The Chicken molcajete is my favorite dish. It's a must try.

This place also offers Sunday brunch which is by far the most amazing set up I have ever experienced. Me and my family always look forward coming to dine here. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

I really enjoyed this restaurant. This was a step above most Mexican restaurants I have visited: Key Highlights:

-Drinks: The margaritas were excellent. Perfect tart and adequate tequila. Most Mexican restaurants I have visited are lacking one or both of those features.

-Food: I had the carne asada and was really impressed. The meet was cooked perfectly, and came with a whole sliced avocado. Also complimented by sauteed vegetables that were perfectly done. This dish was probably my favorite part of the experience.

-Service: Mario was our server and went far above and beyond. He was very attentive, but also funny and charming. His hospitality topped off the experience excellently.