“Where do I begin”

El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 32
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant is family owned and operated for over 32 years. All of our family recipes are made from scratch, and we have no cans in the kitchen. We would like to invite all friends and family to come and enjoy our Authentic Mexican Cuisine. Some of our signature dishes include Molcajete, Carne Asada, and Fajitas. We offer a full service bar to complement your meal with a beverage of your choice, and complete your meal with one of our fantastic desserts. When you walk into our restaurant you are going to notice our fine decor with hand painted murals and fine Mexican art. Our clientele includes business people for lunch, families for dinner, everyone is welcome here. If you would like to enjoy some fantastic family recipes for lunch or dinner, we hope you stop by at El Tapatio and we will take great care of you.
Reviewed 7 August 2017

I was visiting family in the area and they suggested this restaurant for a last night out together. Both of them had eaten there before. So many things went wrong. Diet Coke was on their drinks menu so I ordered that. I don’t like Pepsi and I would have ordered iced tea had I known that Pepsi was all they had. The waiter didn’t ask if Pepsi would be ok but that was what I was brought. I drank part of it but didn’t finish it. One of the people in my group ordered iced tea with extra lemon. Her tea arrived with one thin slice of lemon and we had to remind the waiter to bring more. One of the people in my group takes a very long time to decide what she wants so I don’t know if what happened with our dinner order was revenge for taking so long or incompetence. Tables that had been seated after us were served before we were. We asked two servers why our order was taking so long and got no explanation. Our food finally arrived. My Arroz con Pollo and the quesadia in another order were hot and good. The seafood enchiladas ordered by a third member of my group were awful! She described it best saying it tasted like the filling had been frozen and thawed in a microwave. It was mushy and tasteless and not warmed through. I’ve had the same experience with fish cooked in a slow cooker. No one came to check on our satisfaction with the food. Fortunately, the other two dishes were generous and we shared our meal. Throughout our time in the restaurant, a very loud mariachi band was strolling through the restaurant soliciting tips for songs. They were so loud, conversation was impossible. I experience tinnitus. Loud sounds are distressing for me. I had to cover my ears. We informed the server that the enchiladas were inedible when our table was cleared. We were finally credited for that part of the order. This was a very unpleasant experience. I doubt that my relatives will return to this restaurant.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank Teach12

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Enjoyed the food very much. We went around 3 pm and had most of the place to ourselves. Still it took 30 minutes to get our meals after ordering but it was worth the wait. We received good service and had a pleasant time. The music was a touch too loud but I find Mexican music annoying away. This is a pricey place and not recommended if you are on a budget.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 12 July 2017

The restaurant is very nicely decorated with Mexican decor, spacious and airy. The chips and salsa are great. The waitress was very friendly and helpful about the meal choices. Menu is extensive. I had the carnita burrito lunch plate and my companion had the carnitas combo plate. Both had generous portions. We actually took home enough for another meal. Food was served hot and was very tasty.The atmosphere was pleasant and we did feel rushed to finish our meal or leave. We will go back!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 10 July 2017

We've eaten here numerous times and have always been happy with the food, service,and staff. Can't wait to go back!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 3 July 2017

Good go too Mexican restaurant. Food is mainstream Mexican, good cocktails, excellent staff. One item combo meal includes entree of choice, rice, beans, cornbread, chips & regular salsa and bean dip, $9.99, great value. The rest of the menu has alot of choices if you want more.

Date of visit: June 2017