“Great place for fish tacos!”

Mariscos Los Cuates
Ranked #110 of 497 Restaurants in Chula Vista
Reviewed 23 August 2016

This place has excellent fried fish tacos! for $2 each you get fresh fish tacos. I have also tried the shrimp ceviche which is priced at $5 for a small bowl and it has always tasted fresh, with small pieces of chopped cucumber. But I usually stop in for $2 fish tacos and walk away with a total bill under $10, for a few tacos and a beer. Can't beat that! Service is a bit slow and we always have to wait for a few minutes to get seated and have our order taken. But for the price on the fried fish, it's worth it. Everything else on the menu can be a bit pricier $14 a plate, etc, so we just go for the tacos and they have been excellent every time. I took my kids and we ordered 3 fish tacos and flour quesadilla and paid about $11 total. We drank regular water to keep our bill low.

Reviewed 6 July 2016

Good food! Great place to hang out with the family over some fish tacos. Their homemade drinks are bomb.com. I love the pepino con chile drink.

Reviewed 25 March 2016 via mobile

Delicious fish tacos with mango sauce! Sam had the carne asada tacos and said they were yummy too. The tortillas here are perfect. We also shared the shrimp cocktail and it was fresh, flavorful and huge! Great value at this little spot run by a couple of cute and friendly twin brothers. Name of the restaurant means The Seafood Twins haha.

Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

The food quality was very good. Lots of Mexican style preparation options. La Mariscada was my favorite. Ask For English Menu to clarify options if needed.
Atmosphere is nothing fancy basically a whole in the wall and place was clean. Prices where reasonable.

Reviewed 12 October 2015 via mobile

Took the family to Los Cuates on a Sunday afternoon. There was about 7 people dinning and the rest of the tables were not only empty but also full of dirty dishes. One of the employees came over and told is it would be about 10 to 15 minutes before they cleared a table for us and that we could wait or go somewhere else, gee thanks? We waited since we had heard and read good things about this place. 10 minutes later were still waiting, no effort had been done to clear any of the tables, no food was coming out of the kitchen, and who I presume to be the owner was sitting down enjoying a chat with two of the customers (when he could have been helping). Overall, there was a very uncomfortable feeling coming from the place, maybe disgruntled employees, I don't know. My wife and I reassessed our options and left after about 15 minutes of waiting and complete disregard by the staff. Never going back to this place again and I suggest you don't waste your time. There are plenty of mariscos options within a few blocks in just about any direction.

Been to Mariscos Los Cuates? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK