“Dinner 9/18/18”

Red Lobster
Ranked #17 of 496 Restaurants in Chula Vista
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 19 September 2018

I went to Red Lobster in Chula Vista, CA tonight for dinner. I had the endless shrimp, fried and shrimp scampi were my choices. I was served by Evelyn M and she was a very pleasant and friendly server. The restaurant was well maintained and several others of then staff asked me if I needed any other service. Overall I had a good filling meal, inexpensively priced and served by a friendly caring staff.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I was very disappointed today when I visited the Red Lobster in Chula Vista. When I was served my salad I found I had to hunt someone down at the front desk to get our silverware. I also had to remind the waitress that I ordered clam chowder when she served the rest of the table with theirs. When we received our biscuits we (three of us) called to her to request butter but she just kept walking away. I finally yelled excuse me, which disrupted other patrons. I felt bad about that, but it couldn't be helped. Surprisingly when I looked around I also discovered everyone had dinner napkins around the room except our table. We were given silverware raped in a paper napkin.
I don't know what the problem was but it seem to be aimed at us.
Our dinner was delicious and we even took home leftovers, but I will think twice before going back.

Clawde L, Owner at Red Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Hi, mjhoop8. We're sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with your experience at our Chula Vista restaurant and we'd like to learn how we can make this better. Would you be able to give us a call at 800-562-7837; Monday–Friday from 10:00AM to 1:00PM, and 2:00PM to 5:00PM ET so that we may learn more about your experience?

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Went into red lobster in Chula Vista CA for dinner sat down and ordered drinks. When looking at menu found what they call Bar Harbor lobster bake with Petit Maine lobster Tails I asked the server why they got the small lobsters was told from Maine.i asked if they were the same tail size as the1+1/2lb Maine lobsters in the tank.she told me way smaller. She asked if I like to talk to the manager and I said yes when he came over I asked where he got the small lobsters he said that they came from Canada so I said that you are deciving the public to make them think it's from Maine .so he asked why was I so worried and since I'm from Rockland Maine and our family are all lobstermen and fishermen and not allowed to catch shorts in Maine. He then brought the box out where they get them from and and says from Canada also the menu is set up by corporate office and Canada is so close to Maine they wrote it that way sounds better then saying Canada.and from a small town where I live close to. And when we got the food we ordered one of us ordered the special and got one of the Petit tails and was well smaller Had to ask for table settings as didn't have got in paper napkin where every other table had cloth napkin and wife had to almost yell to get some service like butter for rolls and to put on potato.

Clawde L, Owner at Red Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Hi, Alton H. We're sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with your experience at our Chula Vista restaurant and we'd like to learn how we can make this better. Would you be able to give us a call at 800-562-7837; Monday–Friday from 10:00AM to 1:00PM, and 2:00PM to 5:00PM ET so that we may learn more about your experience?

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Red Lobster is a chain seafood restaurant. The food is good, and the selection is nice. The service here was very good, and the food came out quickly.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We visited here on the last night of our long 4 week road trip from the UK and were not disappointed. It was a quiet Tuesday evening and we were sat by the bar. The service was excellent from the start and our server was very friendly and helpful with answering our questions. He even helped me to get the meat out of my crab claws! (I'm a novice!). Our drinks were refilled without fuss and the food was delicious, well worth the money. The prawns were to die for (that butter sauce!!) and my husband's steak was cooked to perfection. Thank you for making our last meal so memorable. I would love to visit again!

Been to Red Lobster? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK